Computer tyre calibrate - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st June 2007, 16:45 Thread Starter

tyre calibrate

Hi all

I was messing about with my sat nav screen and also calibrating my vioce by using the map,menu, cancel button and i started to explore other options in the calibrate setup and one option i saw was for tyre callibration , it was set to auto and i didnt alter it , but i was wondering what it actually does so if anyone can tell me i would be grateful as i cant find it in the manuel, oh and yes i know it is to do with tyre callibration but i want to know the finer details, and also what the other options do as well

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st June 2007, 17:04
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
my understanding (and I could be wrong!) is that it's to do with when the sat nav has to guess where you are having lost the sat signals (such as in a tunnel).

In auto mode, it's checking wheel rotation vs actual GPS distance, and working out how far you get per revolution.

When you then loose the signal, it guesses how far you've gone by counting the wheels turning.

pretty darn clever stuff if you ask me
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st June 2007, 18:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Wow, thanks for that, your right it is clever stuff

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page