Satnav Total SatNav System Lock-up - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2007, 20:57 Thread Starter

Total SatNav System Lock-up

Has anybody reported a problem with the Honda Navigation System where the system will just lock up? When it does this, it often displays a bunch of extra straight lines across the screen, but it always freezes the location of the vehicle, the time on the clock does not changes, the buttons become unfunctional (i.e., you can't change from the map screen to the audio screen, etc.). The only thing you can do when it freezes is turn the audio (radio) off and adjust its volume. The only fix is to pull over and stop the car for 60 seconds (any amount of time less than 60 seconds leaves the system in the locked up configuration it was in when turned off). The 60 second reset causes the system to re-boot when restarted. This is very inconvenient and potentially dangerous if you were trying to navigate in unknown territory. It doesn't just happen when displaying the map screen. I have had mine freeze when just the clock is being displayed or when the audio screen is displayed. I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this and discovered the fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2007, 21:07

Mine has never done that.. I would just pop into the dealers and let them take a look. Maybe the DVD is corrupted.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2007, 22:42

Mine hasn't done that.

It has occasionally (twice in a year I think) stopped directions with a particular junction frozen on the screen - and the main map still moving normally underneath. Clearing the current journey - then re-selecting from 'todays destinations' (or favourites??) has cleared this on both occasions.

Since I have heard it is Windows CE based (is this right) it seems remarkably free from lock ups etc!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2007, 22:46
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
First I've heard of it, probably a dodgy DVD or something to do with the lens. I suggest you show your dealer.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th June 2007, 01:23
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
first I've ever heard of this one also, and would agree on the DVD as the first thing to check

hopr you get it sorted soon!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th June 2007, 09:02
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
It has happened before (clicky), but no solution has been mentioned. A pound says that it's a faulty/dirty DVD or lens though... Mine hasn't glitched in more than a year.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page