Other Seat Airbags - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th August 2011, 23:05 Thread Starter

Car: 2010 Type R GT - Milano Red
Seat Airbags

Hello - im wanting to fit (after finding) red fitted seat covers over my front seats as a protector. I have found them for the EP3 but not the FN2. I have an SRS badge on the side of the front seats, but does this mean there is actually an airbag in the seat - meaning i cant fit seat covers or is it just indicating side airbags that are somewhere else...?

Ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 29th August 2011, 02:35
Supporter

The airbags are fitted into the seats so don't even think about fitting seat covers that are not side airbag compliant..

I've been looking for decent seat covers for years now to fit the seats on my type r but haven't found anything that fits..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 29th August 2011, 10:39
Supporter

Car: 09 Championship White Type R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger100 View Post
Hello - im wanting to fit (after finding) red fitted seat covers over my front seats as a protector. I have found them for the EP3 but not the FN2. *I have an SRS badge on the side of the front seats, but does this mean there is actually an airbag in the seat - meaning i cant fit seat covers or is it just indicating side airbags that are somewhere else...?*

Ta
I've had seat covers from capital seating on the ctr since picking it up from the dealer in 09. Do you know how many times i have worried about the seat air bags not deploying correctly? Not once, that's how many. Just don't crash side ways into a jcb or telegraph pole*

They have a long plastic zip up the back of the cover I'm sure in the event of an accident this zip will be destroyed by the airbag firing. But If you are being kept awake by air bag worries, then just leave the zip undone, the side will flap round in the event of a telegraph pole attack

Don't listen to the scare mongers the car has curtain, drivers, passengers air bags, srs, crumple zones, side impact bars, abs vsa.... I really would have to be rolling my car down a hill for me to think "bugger I wish I'd not used seat covers".

To be fair I am more worried about resale value, having a great big shiny patch on the drivers/passengers side bolster worries me more than telegraph poles*

And remember SRS means any of several restraining systems in a vehicle, such as an airbag, in addition to the seatbelts. As long as your waring a seatbelt I'm sure you will be fine.*Happy motoring

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page