Satnav Sat Nav + HFT Question - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st September 2011, 12:53 Thread Starter
Supporter

Sat Nav + HFT Question

Hi there Civinfo members, hopefully somebody can help me out real quick with this - I've managed to obtain a complete Sat Nav, Screen, Glovebox DVD, loom basically everything needed to do a retrofit on my FN2, I've got the handsfree bluetooth module with the kit also but in here in Australia we got a different Bluetooth kit (one that gets installed on the pillar which I've got installed already)

To my understanding the Sat Nav unit gains voice control, I'm not 100% interested in the voice control features but I just wanted to know if I could leave out the bluetooth module from the Sat Nav kit without any operational troubles?

I basically don't want to fit it up because I cannot find the loom where I need to wire in the controls for the steering wheel buttons + I've already got bluetooth that works fine and not keen on the voice control feature but before I go ahead with putting it all together I'm just wanting to know if the whole system will complain that the bluetooth module isn't wired in.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2011, 13:47 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Found the answer to my own problem, the system does function fine without the HFT module (or at least no errors on screen or elsewhere about it not being present) however none of the voice controls can be used which is obvious since the hands free module isn't there to handle those operations.

Problem sorted though
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th September 2011, 22:14

Hi beaugus,

Was it simple to retrofit the Satnav in your non-satnav Civic? Any major problems? Did you have to reprogram de ECU?

I have seen used SatNav Kit for Civic on ebay and i' think to retrofit one in my civic.

Rgds.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th September 2011, 00:16
Supporter

Have you got the sat nav that comes with address book view
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th September 2011, 02:02 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilduck View Post
Hi beaugus,

Was it simple to retrofit the Satnav in your non-satnav Civic? Any major problems? Did you have to reprogram de ECU?

I have seen used SatNav Kit for Civic on ebay and i' think to retrofit one in my civic.

Rgds.
Devilduck, I'm currently writing up a small how-to guide to retrofit the Sat Nav components, it's not impossible to do but defiantly time consuming. Best advice I can give at this point is if you do want to retrofit Sat Nav, make sure you have alternate transport available to you because you're Civic will be in quite a lot of pieces and will be un-driveable if you should need supplies to complete the job etc.

The hardest part for me was actually sorting through the wiring loom and figuring out where it all needed to go, the loom I received was cut in heaps of places and needed to be all put back together so it pays to have a "complete" wiring loom this will save you hours.

That said, there are still a few wires that need to be manually wired in as Non-Sat Nav model Civic's have variant/non existent wires that need to be tapped into / added to existing loom.

If you're new to doing audio installs or just generally never taken apart much of you're dash components before I'd allow as much as 2-3 days to do the job right.

Heres a link to the eBay auction for the Sat Nav I bought to fit in my FN2: eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Since that link won't work forever and for other's future reference - what you'll need is the following:

1. Satnav Screen
2. Steering Wheel with Hands Free Phone/Nav Buttons.
3. Headunit Radio/CD for Satnav (with Satnav Control)
4. Glovebox with DVD drive (Navigation unit)
5. Bluetooth module (Hands Free)
6. Sloped panel between screen and headunit
7. Wiring Loom (Always ask/inspect to see if the wiring loom has been altered in any way prior to purchasing)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th September 2011, 02:03 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborhara View Post
Have you got the sat nav that comes with address book view
I'm still playing around with my Sat Nav at the moment and it doesn't look like it has the address book view option, not sure if this is because I've excluded the hands free module or not but can't see it from the menus at least.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page