AC/Heater A/C not working and engine warning light on - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 4th September 2011, 20:18 Thread Starter

A/C not working and engine warning light on

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help with the following problem.
I have an 06 2.2 icdt civic with the sat nav screen.
Everything seems to work on the aircon controls, but it will not go cold. I had it re-gassed, still no joy. I noticed that the relay controlling the a/c clutch will not operate. The relay operates when connected to 12v. I linked across the relay contacts to check the a/c clutch, which worked.
The problem is that I have still not got to the bottom of why the a/c will not bring in the relay to operate the clutch, and since linking out the relay the heater plug light on the dash flashes along with the engine warning light, although the car drives as normal.
I was looking at buying a obd2 elm327 interface from ebay to try and cancel the warning light. Does anyone know if these are any good or work with the civic?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page