Electrics Key problem - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2011, 11:44 Thread Starter

Key problem

Hi There,

Anyone had any problems with the remote unlocking not working? I assume the battery is going in the key but can see where I can replace it, it looks sealed.

Car is a 56 plate so getting on a bit, problem is I end up driving it with the alarm going made whilst driving cos it wont disable the alarm very annoying.

Anyone else had this? I assume dealing only..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2011, 12:03
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTS GT Alabaster Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIT View Post
Hi There,

Anyone had any problems with the remote unlocking not working? I assume the battery is going in the key but can see where I can replace it, it looks sealed.

Car is a 56 plate so getting on a bit, problem is I end up driving it with the alarm going made whilst driving cos it wont disable the alarm very annoying.

Hi,

It should be a simple fix to replace the battery. On the back (honda sign), you'll see a little screw at the bottom. Unsrew and pry open. Give it a little wiggle this usually helps. Then remove the remote casing, unclip from both ends, and bobs your uncle. you can then replace your battery.

With regards to the car bat, its prob best for someone with more knowledge to reply.

Hope you get on well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2011, 12:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for quick reply, should be no probs after a bit of research the battery is a 1616 button cell about a fiver so will give it a bash.

Cheers

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2011, 15:02

Car: 2010 1.4 type S, Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIT View Post
Hi There,

You say the unlocking, but is the locking OK. If the locking is OK I suggest it may be a problem with the unlock button. Have you tried the other remote.

I'm not sure of the lock/unlock method with the early 8th gen Civic, but with the 7th gen (double push to lock) and the later 8th gen (single push to lock) you can use the key if the remote doesn't work.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page