Join Date: 15th November 2011
Location: Swansea, Wales
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gauge Ctrl Module & Flashing Green Key light
I apologise for gate crashing a Civic board when I own an 04 Accord Tourer but this is a cry for help to Pottsy as he seems like the only genius on any forum that has come across my problem and might know how to sort it!
Since I privately bought a 2004 Accord Tourer Executive CDTI back on 23/09/11 I've had to have the key recoded, an ECU update and a new 680 amp battery fitted with my local Honda dealer on 03/11/11 after a full diagnostic check, but a week later I am getting the intermittent flashing Green Key Light again, along with the handbrake, tailgate and coil light on dashboard when vehicle is locked, stationery and key removed. Have to leave car unlocked otherwise I get the following problems:
• Immobiliser is draining the battery.
• Central locking intermittently working when using key.
• Indicator and side lights start flashing (but no alarm sound). Car does not know whether it's locked/open and therefore arming/disarming itself.
• Passenger side back window has started opening by itself. Could it be a faulty solenoid?
• If car locked and key removed from ignition can still open the electric windows.
My local Honda dealer has said I now need a "Gauge Control Module" (I only know what this is cos of Pottsy) and they are getting back to me with a price, do you really think this is what's causing my problem with the flashing green key et al or should I insist on waiting till the Master Honda Technician is next in Swansea?
Many thanks in advance!