Satnav TMC stopped working. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th December 2011, 18:53 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR GT Satnav+HFT, AS
TMC stopped working.

My traffic warning function has stopped working. The TMC symbol seems to stay red (scanning) for ever and a day and when it eventually goes blue there are no warnings displayed, even though I know there should be as there are major roadworks going on, near me in Oxford, that have showed every other day. When I used to zoom out I could see warning symbols across the entire country but when I zoom out now not one single symbol appears.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers and Merry Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th December 2011, 23:03
-=SBZ=-

Car: 2.2 EX
Funny you should say that, since updating neither have I and i've only just realised.
Whats version are you running on your satnag?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th December 2011, 07:26
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Have a dig around the forum and use the '3 finger salute' to get into the menu's.

Once in there, there is a display that will show 'TMC Providers' and how many have been found. If this number remains on zero then you have a reception problem. The display does show the unit searching for them.

If it does list one or more then Google up the frequencies and see which stations it's trying to use.

I had a short spell a few years ago when Eagle radio in Surrey became a 'provider' but didn't actually transmit any info for the first few weeks so I had no TMC until I got closer to London and a stronger station took over.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page