Phone Parrot CK3100LCD and Multicomm/Multican?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th July 2007, 15:53 Thread Starter

Parrot CK3100LCD and Multicomm/Multican??

Hello Civic-Drivers!

Next week i`m going to get my new Civic FN1 (it`s a german model type, because i`m living in Germany…).

Now I`m looking for a bluetooth hft kit. I think the original one from Honda will not be the best choice, because there are many users who have problems with the microphone, the connectivitiy, etc. So I found the Parrot CK3100LCD handsfree solution and the Multicomm/Multican extension.

But now I`ve got a few questions to ask you before I make my decision:

1.) Which system do I really need for my german Honda Civic built in 2007?
Do I need the Multican or the Multicomm solution for my car?

2.) Has anyone already installed this combination (CK3100 and Multicomm) in his car? Has anyone already fitted the system on his own? I wold like to know if it is possible to safe the money and install it on my own. Are there any how-to`s for this work which could be helpful for me?

3.) What is your general opinion abou Parrot CK3100 and Multicomm?

Thank you very much for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st July 2007, 14:03

I have fitted the parrot ck31000 with the SOT-908 adapter cable. Follow the instrutions to get the head unit out as per the wiki and you should be able to do it yourself. There is not much room for the cables so be careful when fitting the head unit back. The control box I wrapped in bubblerap and it fitted nicely just behind the gearstick. The microphone I fitted on the windscreen next to the mirror. The cable for the microphone is easily tucked behind the head linning with a wooden lollypop stick, then tucked behind the A piller trim, then run it down the side of the door tucking it under the door seal, then under the dash.
My Nokia 6300 paired up instantly and loaded my phone book. The parrot does as it says on the box,very clear,mutes the radio. Feedback from everybody they can clearly hear me when I am driving. I recommend this as a hands free option. The biggest problem is where to put the display, the choice is all yours. I too would be interested in fitment of the Multocomm as I have not considered this option. Also any views on the best location for the display.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2007, 22:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thank you very much for your response, t0ny0k.
I think I`ll purchase a ck3100 and give it a try to fit it into my car on my own.
Hopefully my Civic really arrives tomorrow...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page