2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

My Honda Dongle

44K views 209 replies 40 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
Took my 2017 Civic into the dealership yesterday to have the My Honda Dongle installed. Dongle was installed but unfortunately there was a problem with its pin number and recognising the vin number. Honda are looking into it and once they have a solution dealership will contact me to bring car back. Dealership was also installing dongle in another Civic on the same day and it had the same problem.:frown2:

#171 ·
Written by the Honda Connect team :worms:

The message did say 'on a transporter with the engine off'

Must remember to fire up the horses, then put them to sleep later and see if it recognises it's parked. Maybe not if it doesn't move.

Oh, and it's CTEK day as it's not moved for 6 days.

#172 ·
It's not actually written by Honda, they use a company called Brighbox product name remoto. This company does it for the likes of BMW, Toyota, Kia, mg, nissan as well.

Car manufacturers do very little for themselves these days and farm the work out.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

#174 ·
Well, it's about time Honda gave them a kick in the butt to make it a bit more user friendly. Bearing in mind that not all car drivers are PC whizz kids, the logon procedure is appalling for getting it to work on a new phone, or even a second device (Phone and tablet).

1. Why you can't just logon with your existing credentials beats the hell out of me without having to keep changing your PIN back to what you want every time?
2. Why a 6 digit PIN when pretty much everyone else uses a 4 digit PIN?
3. Why doesn't it remember your preferences?
4. Display trip Distance, Time and av Speed and fuel consumption on the initial route summary screen, not just time/av speed and 'naughty' points.
5. Have to press two 'buttons' to get to see how much of a naughty boy you have been.
6. Why no axes scales (Speed/time or distance) on the 'naughty boy' graph?
7. What's the number "18" that I get on every entry under the date? Or is that supposed to be the distance. 18 miles when parked????

Difficult to use and important info missing. All in all, a pretty gash app.

#180 ·
Also sends false readings.. States that my brake fluid level was low. Honda kindly gave me a litre of brake fluid to top up, checked it and it was a smidge under the high mark..

Think it has a mind of it's own...

#181 ·
That's a benefit in my mind [emoji3]

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

#185 ·
Piece of pi55 to transfer to my new phone.

#186 ·
Gotcha ...

If I pull the car out of the garage and onto the driveway it detects a route starting.

When I've done in the garage and reverse it back a few hours later it fails to detect it's parked so I get warnings that the engine is stopped and it's moving (no it isn't) so it assumes it's on a transporter.

#187 ·
I changed my Civic recently and the Dealer agreed to transfer the MyHonda dongle registration to the new vehicle - but in the event could not do it at handover - required a physical form to be correctly filled out and signed by Dealership and sent back to Honda.

It has taken two weeks and much argument with the Honda Contact Centre (located in Sofia, Bulgaria) but the system is now showing the correct details for the vehicle and the location is relatively close by (within 100m).

#188 ·
Hi,

I have a new 68 Plate SR, but the My Honda Dongle was installed.

However, the My Honda App on my phone displays the following message when I go into the My Car | Diagnostics screen:

"Device diagnostics has never been conducted."

Also, noticed that next to the Battery label, it just displays the text "Battery". Shouldn't this show the state of my battery or something more meaningful? (i.e. "Good", "OK", or "Bad", or even the voltage of the battery, e.g. "14.1v"). The battery isn't flat, and so should be more than happy to be checked.

All the other icons just display a green symbol/icon and a tick.

If anyone can give me any help on what this is doing?

Thanks

#194 ·
Recently picked up a used Civic just under 12 months old, it has a dongle already installed. I've unplugged it and reconnected a few times, red light is solid and it has a blinking amber led.

Called Honda customer service, was told to speak with dealer. Called the dealer and spoke to parts dept, they more or less said its a hit and miss with the setup. They ask me to book the car in, trying to avoid this if possible.

I downloaded the app, followed the instructions, entered the VIN no. All i get is "Non-connected". Does the dealer need to do something with this for it to work?

thx

#195 ·
The app no longer loads on my phone, I sent an email into the app support and the reply was they are having issues and it would be at least until the end of the year for a fix. Pleased I never paid for it imho it's just a gimmick and certainly not worth paying for.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.