Software updates - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Red Dwarf

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th July 2017, 16:02 Thread Starter

Garage
Software updates

There should be an easy place to go to find out the version number of the most recent software updates for this vehicle. My entertainment system - for instance - is only running version 1.F184.60 and I know that isn't current, but if I take it in, the dealership might give me issues about insisting on a software update.

I also know that the CVT system probably has a software update but I don't have any way to monitor/prove that my car isn't current. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th August 2017, 21:04
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
You should be entitled to a update once a year as part of the service. I know on my Mk9 it is possible to update it myself using a USB stick via the garmin website.

As for the CVT updates unless the manual tells you how you can check what version it may be using I'd leave it again to service time to bring up the subject when your booking it in unless your obviously suffering from problems you believe to be software related.
nturnb likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th August 2017, 21:07
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
You should be entitled to a update once a year as part of the service. I know on my Mk9 it is possible to update it myself using a USB stick via the garmin website.

As for the CVT updates unless the manual tells you how you can check what version it may be using I'd leave it again to service time to bring up the subject when your booking it in unless your obviously suffering from problems you believe to be software related.
As Red Dwarf says, on the 9G it'd updated free... On the 9G with Navi, you do it yourself by USB... To see if you have the latest version go to Garmin Express on your Laptop / Desktop and it will let you know if there are any newer updates.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th August 2017, 21:08
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
https://honda.garmin.com/honda/

Have a nosey here. Just tred slowly and don't start something unless your absolutely sure you know what your doing. And no I haven't updated mine yet as I'm happy with how its behaving. If it ain't broken .......
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th August 2017, 21:14
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
https://honda.garmin.com/honda/

Have a nosey here. Just tred slowly and don't start something unless your absolutely sure you know what your doing. And no I haven't updated mine yet as I'm happy with how its behaving. If it ain't broken .......
Jut remember if you do the update, very simple task following the instructions.... Don't share the USB with the upgrade with anyone as it will render their Nav system useless... It's serial number specific and it warns you that it will disable any system it wasn't intended too... Also, make sure you have a couple of hours spare to do the update on your PC and at least an hours drive when you do the update in the car, mine took 2hrs on laptop then half an hour updating in the car...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th August 2017, 09:34

Car: 2017 1.5T Prestige CVT
I believe that Michael Moriconi question was about the Audio and Entertainment system and not the Garmin Navigation system which is separate.
As far as I have been able to find out in the different Civic forums you can not update the Audio and Entertainment system your self it needs to be done at your Dealer.
Also it is a bit difficult to know what the latest version is since the versions are different depending on area (USA, Europe, Asia) and also car model and spec.

For example latest Version for the US Touring models seams to be Ver.1.F190.25
The US 2017 Civic EX Sedan purchased in May have Ver 1.F194.30.
My Euro Civic Prestige that I got in May have Ver.1.F193.75

Last edited by G4il1; 15th August 2017 at 09:39.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Electronics and ICE (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page