• 1 Post By M8TJT
  • 1 Post By G4il1
  • 1 Post By eagerv
  • 1 Post By mick90

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 10:30 Thread Starter

Car: 2017 1.5T Prestige CVT
Question Voice Commands

I was wondering a bit about Voice Commands.

To start if the system is set for example Swedish like in my case if i press the Voice command button on the steering wheel I only get the choice of saying a prerecorded command for a phone contact. Like "call Anna" or "call sister or just "sister" if that is what I have recorded for calling my sister.

Some of the translations to Swedish is just Wrong though so I tried to change Language to English (United Kingdom) instead and noticed that there were a lot of new voice commands I could use.

For example Phone Call Anna and it would look up all Anna and similar in my phones phone book and I could then chose which to call. That worked fairly well however when I tried some other commands particularly the Audio commands it would not work.
For example I tried to change to DAB and DAB preset 2 and that would not work at all, instead I got to "what time is it"???

OK I am Swedish so my accent is not UK English but it is not that bad as far as I know and been told.

So my question is do you English speaking owners use the voice commands and is it working for you or is it just a bad implementation or is it me not able to speak properly?

If you using it, what are the main commands you use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 10:44
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
I have not extensively tested it and have used it to a small extent and things like changing the radio presets and swapping to 'Navigation' etc. seem to work OK for me. I have a a bit of a Southern (English) accent, but its pretty neutral, ie. not strong.

And the last ting that I would do is accuse a Swedish person of not being "able to speak properly". Try slightly different pronunciation of the words, as perhaps it's not the accent but the pronunciation that's screwing it up.

Jus thought, is there an English (US) available on your car that you could try?
G4il1 likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 10:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2017 1.5T Prestige CVT
Thanks for the input!
No there is no English US just other European and middle east languages to chose from what I could see.
M8TJT likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 11:13
Supporter

Car: 2017 1.5 S-Design GT Blue
There are so many different voice activated systems in our lives. Siri, Alexa, a few different car systems, cameras etc.

Each require different commands which I for one find totally confusing.

The Honda system which I rarely use seems to work well with my fairly neutral accent
G4il1 likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 17:45
Supporter

Car: 10G SLASH CTR, rallye red
Garage
I use Android Auto and then you get Googles Bot (long press the activation button) which can be a nuisance as well - but it does understand German quite well...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 19:55

Car: 2017 Civic Sport Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I use Android Auto and then you get Googles Bot (long press the activation button) which can be a nuisance as well - but it does understand German quite well...
What's the activation button?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st February 2018, 20:55

Car: 2017 Civic Sport Rallye Red
Garage
The buttons on the steering wheel from memory its a picture of a head.

If you have google assistant setup so its always listening you dont need to press the button. Just say ok google and then the command. Obviously this only works with the android auto park of the system
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2018, 07:08

Garage
Seems to work fairly well with me. My accent is closer to American than UK. Picks up names fairly well whether you're asking it to call someone, play a specific album, or an artist. The shorter the name though the more confused it gets. Was able to get it to play the guardians of the galaxy album, but it just couldn't understand me saying Adele. Haven't tried out satnav voice commands yet, but so far seems promising.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2018, 12:45
Supporter

Car: 10G SLASH CTR, rallye red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick90 View Post
The buttons on the steering wheel from memory its a picture of a head.

If you have google assistant setup so its always listening you dont need to press the button. Just say ok google and then the command. Obviously this only works with the android auto park of the system
Yeah that's the one. Didn't know about that setting - it's on the phone I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peniole View Post
Was able to get it to play the guardians of the galaxy album, but it just couldn't understand me saying Adele.
I had that with Alexa - I couldn't get it to play the music I liked it to, then I selected it manually and asked Alexa what the song currently played is. The pronunciation was way different than what I was saying, I tried it again with one closer to Alexas and then it understood me...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2018, 19:38

Garage
Also depends how fast you're going. Gave me a hard time on the motorway today. Mind you, the album and artist names can be phonetically modified to the way you say it. It's under settings >voice IIRC
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2018, 22:11

Car: 2017 Civic Sport Rallye Red
Garage
[QUOTE=Arsenal;5204034]Yeah that's the one. Didn't know about that setting - it's on the phone I guess?

yeah, depends on the version of android on the phone. usually activated by holding the home button and can then go through the set up

https://support.google.com/assistant...DAndroid&hl=en
Arsenal likes this.
Thanks to mick90 from:

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Electronics and ICE (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page