2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Map updates 2019

11K views 70 replies 24 participants last post by  gsx002 
#1 ·
Hai everyone, has anyone already received the latest map updates (Europe) for 2019?

#7 · (Edited)
I was notified by Garmin Express about the Europe 2019 update, and tried but failed to download it to a memory stick. Got an red bar and error message during the download. Tried several times without success. Have given up now. No solution to this problem found

X There was an error installing the update X

#23 ·
i go with 20mins to update the unit. i do it when driving to work.
turn off stop/start though. i had it once where the volts dropped enough when it fired back up which restarted the HU mid-update. Re-applied the update and all went well, just a wasted a bit of time.

It's a crap update though. not sure if they've got the M1/M6 junction redesign on it (forgot to check on the 24th), but it still doesn't have the new bypass on that runs across north/east Norfolk. been open for 6-9months now iirc so should be plenty of time get things registered as an active road and applied to map data.
still glitchy routing too. tried to take me down 2 sides of a triangle (side roads), rather than continue on an NSL A-road (3rd side of a triangle). speed or distance... whatever... setting should of never re-routed with that logic.

#24 ·
Garmin are fairly renowned for 'glitchy routing' but this 'feature' seems fairly common to most satnavs. You might claim that (say) TT doesn't do it, but TT will probably get some other route 'wrong' when Garmin get's it 'right'.
But Hey Ho!, please let's not go down that particular route as it has been discussed to death elsewhere.:surprise:

#27 ·
Map updates aren't like paper atlas updates.

Any change to a road needs to have the associated 'metadata' changed so the routing algorithms can get it right (allegedly).

That's why some roads are often late being implemented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.