Phone connection issues over bluetooth - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2019, 14:46 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2019 1L EX+Tech Pack P/Metal
Garage
Phone connection issues over bluetooth

Yesterday someone called my mobile but the call couldn't be taken on the car which I thought was odd so I checked when I got home & the phone was still showing as paired with the car & the car showing the phone but they wouldn't connect.

I deleted the pairing but neither the phone or car would detect each other. I powered the phone off & on & they paired fine.

Today, the same happened. I can't get the phone or car to detect or connect to each other. I've turned BT off & on in both the car & phone but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this?

The phone is a Google Pixel 3 XL & is connected to my smartwatch via bluetooth fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2019, 20:46 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2019 1L EX+Tech Pack P/Metal
Garage
Just to add, I tried Android auto too & that wouldn't connect.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2019, 01:45

I get this fairly often. I'm suprised no one else complains about it. Happens to me at least once a month, really annoying.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2019, 05:14
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I've always found that my phone will only connect to 1 BT device at a time. If it's connected to your watch then it won't connect to the car.

Not recently, but I had my phone paired to both my car headunit and my Garmin SatNav. When I turned the ignition on the phone would connect to the first one it found, either the car or the Garmin, never both.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2019, 08:50
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
My Android8 phone works just fine. Always connects with no intervention from me. But there again, I don't have one of these seemingly pointless smart watches. A watch that tells me the time that I don't have to charge every 10 mins seems to fit the bill for my chronological needs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 15:34
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX
Search the net for issues with the Pixel 3 and Bluetooth. I think you will find its the phone at fault rather than anything else.

Mine would hardly ever connect to my car (Gen8) Bluetooth, but the phone had an update a few days back, and it now connects by itself every time. I've made no changes to any settings or tried deleting/re-pairing with the car. The phone update fixed it

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Electronics and ICE (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in