Tom Tom CarPlay - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By darrenjuggins

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 25th April 2019, 10:58 Thread Starter
LNT

Tom Tom CarPlay

Iíve been given an invitation to try the beta of TomTom go mobile on CarPlay. Has anyone else been invited onto this and if so what do you think? For me TomTom beats anything as far as avoiding traffic is concerned. My car is just in for the front sensors looking at at the moment but once out Iíll be checking out the CarPlay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 25th April 2019, 13:11
Supporter

Car: 2017 1.0 SR, White
How did you get the invitation? Did you have to sign up for anything?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th April 2019, 00:11
Supporter

Hi,

The easiest way to get on the Beta is to head over to Twitter and DM TomTom and ask them if they will sign you up.

The official Beta Page request is now closed, but they came back to me with a link to a Survey to fill in and then within 24 hours I had a link to Test Flight to download the current April Beta.

First impressions seem good, it's offering a similar to all the other Nav's with the familiarity of the Tom Tom maps and speech you are used to with a Hardware device.

There is still plenty of things missing, which sort of means i'm running Hardware Tom Tom and Car Play Versions together at present, so it will be interesting if they start to include more the elements people are used to on the Hardware and for that matter the Smartphone versions.... I'm guessing some of the issue will be the restrictions with Car Play...

Hope you get signed up and sorted.

Cheers
Darren
Johnsavill37 likes this.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Electronics and ICE (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page