Upgrading the Standard Head unit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th January 2014, 19:34 Thread Starter

Upgrading the Standard Head unit

Hi All

I have had my 9th Gen for a few months now, and i want to upgrade the standard head unit (basic one without satnav) to a nice touch screen one with satnav. Has anybody on here in the UK done this? If so how hard was it and what is a good unit ?

Cheers

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2014, 23:09
Supporter

Car: 1.6 ES DTEC
I am upgrading the head unit in my car and will post a how-to in the next few days. Am editing photos and video at present. It was remarkably easy to do, much easier than the last model, which I did as well. I have fitted a Sony double din unit with mirrorlink which links to my phone and the screen mirrors the aps on the phone. The only disadvantage for satnav is that it runs on the phone and Google maps, for example, needs a data connection so won't work in remote areas. Very good offers at present on Sony and Pioneer units.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th March 2014, 11:26
AMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi View Post
I am upgrading the head unit in my car and will post a how-to in the next few days. Am editing photos and video at present. It was remarkably easy to do, much easier than the last model, which I did as well. I have fitted a Sony double din unit with mirrorlink which links to my phone and the screen mirrors the aps on the phone. The only disadvantage for satnav is that it runs on the phone and Google maps, for example, needs a data connection so won't work in remote areas. Very good offers at present on Sony and Pioneer units.
Hi mate, can you please post some photos for your upgraded head unit? cheers

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th March 2014, 03:35
bjn

Car: 2012 Civic Sport auto, red

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page