Downloading Phonebook problems - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 12:20 Thread Starter

Angry Downloading Phonebook problems

I have tried to download my Samsung S3 phone book on to my 2014 Tourer SR Bluetooth system but all I have is a few of the numbers from the first page. I do have a lot of numbers on the phone and really need them in the car. I have searched the instruction book and the FAQ's on the forum but to no avail. I have also made sure that the contacts list is in the phone memory and not the SIM.
Help please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 14:44
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
That could be a phone compatibility issue.

My HTC Wildfire and HTC One both download the full phone book. However, an older Nokia does just as you describe and only downloads the first page from the phone.

All on the same car so it has to be a phone and not a car issue.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 15:15

Car: Civic 1.6 iDTEC EX
Eco display
should find all you need to know here Honda Handsfree

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 17:14

You need to make sure that when the phone prompts you if "Honda HFT" want's access to you contacts, that you check the remember checkbox and click OK.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 17:16
Bye Bye Type R

Car: 2014 1.6 iDtec SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphk View Post
I have tried to download my Samsung S3 phone book on to my 2014 Tourer SR Bluetooth system but all I have is a few of the numbers from the first page. I do have a lot of numbers on the phone and really need them in the car. I have searched the instruction book and the FAQ's on the forum but to no avail. I have also made sure that the contacts list is in the phone memory and not the SIM.
Help please?
It does the same with my HTC one
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th April 2014, 00:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks guys. I will try and resolve tomorrow after polishing it yet again. Must be the prettiest car in the world!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th May 2014, 00:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I believe that I have now found a work round for users of android phones on the Honda HFT system. Neither Honda or Androidcentral.co. Were of any use as they said that the two were not compatible.
A work round is as follows for the Galaxy S2 and onwards and there is nor reason why it will not work with other Jelly Bean products.
Before doing anything back up your phone contacts list on to Kies.
1. If your existing contacts list is contained in the phone memory then export it to the SIM card in the phone.
2. Delete the phone memory contacts list
3. pair the phone to your HFT system and you should find that all the phone book from your SIM card is now contained in the HFT memory
4. Change preferences on your HFT system so that it does not upload your phone book to the car every time it connects.
5. Delete your SIM memory contacts list on your phone using Kies and then restore your phone book from KIES to your phone memory.

It's all a bit of a faff but at least you have a complete phone book which you can then up date at will.
I went a step further and placed important phone numbers on my speed dial list on the HFT..
Hope this helps.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page