Connects2 fascia kit trim bezel - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2014, 15:04 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Connects2 fascia kit trim bezel

Hi all,

Anyone with the Connects2 2DIN fascia kit for 9G (CTKHD06) - did they have any issues getting the HU to fit with the included trim bezel or did they use the bezel included with the HU? Or just not use the bezel at all (and have an ugly gap all around)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2014, 14:41

I have used it and used the bezel and brackets that come with it. You just screw the brackets into the side of the double din. It looks neat almost factory. I don't think the head unit cage even fitted into it and also by screwing it in makes it much more secure.
Thanks to Dazza_666 from:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th July 2014, 06:49

Yep, I also have the same one. Works great!

Thanks to Tea-Aholic from:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th July 2014, 15:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Fitted the C2 fascia kit but it has issues with alignment at two points; above the AC panel (the AC panel won't push in) and a gap on the upper left hand side. Since I bought a no-name HU i'll need to trim the frame down but that shouldn't be too difficult.

No issues with programming the steering wheel buttons.

Didn't have to connect up the remote amp wire, sound worked straight away. Strange, as others have had to do that.

Sound quality of no-name HU is excellent, much much better than stock, sounds like I have a subwoofer even though I don't. Indeed I've had to turn down the bass a bit as it's overpowering.

When this HU breaks (I've seen this on ebay for as low as $60 new- so I don't expect it to last) I'll get a Pioneer or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vti07; 6th July 2014 at 15:26. Reason: edit 2
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st August 2014, 16:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Decided to get a Pioneer HU. Nothing wrong with the NoName unit except the night mode is far too bright and distracting and the microphone sound quality during a call is so so.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st August 2014, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
Decided to get a Pioneer HU. Nothing wrong with the NoName unit except the night mode is far too bright and distracting and the microphone sound quality during a call is so so.
I have a similar one to you... X3500DAB or X3600DAB? Did you get the DAB antennae with it? Where did you put the microphone?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2014, 07:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Aholic View Post
I have a similar one to you... X3500DAB or X3600DAB? Did you get the DAB antennae with it? Where did you put the microphone?

It's an X2650BT with DVD region unlocked from factory. Was considering buying the US equivalent x2600BT (much cheaper even when taking shipping into account) but then the DVD region would be locked to Region 1 and AM frequency step 10Khz instead of 9Khz.

Couldn't find a DAB model for a cheap price and it doesn't really matter as I usually stream Pandora via Bluetooth.

Sound quality of this HU is excellent with so many customisable features.

The microphone was mounted with the clip as shown in the photo. You can pop up the top cover of steering column and remove the vinyl dust cover. Feed the cable through making sure it clears any moving parts or harnesses. Re-assemble. [this is the same location of the mic if you get the OEM Honda Bluetooth add-on kit]. My steering wheel is normally retracted so you can't see the mic. Would've preferred to unclip the mic and stick to the column but cannot find the sticky pad that was meant to be supplied?

App mode doesn't work but I find out i forgot to plug in the USB portion of the interface cable.

Applied a screen protector on the screen to prevent scratches.

Last edited by Vti07; 2nd August 2014 at 08:04. Reason: edit3
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2014, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
It's an X2650BT with DVD region unlocked from factory. Was considering buying the US equivalent x2600BT (much cheaper even when taking shipping into account) but then the DVD region would be locked to Region 1 and AM frequency step 10Khz instead of 9Khz.
How do you check the DVD region?

Quote:
Couldn't find a DAB model for a cheap price and it doesn't really matter as I usually stream Pandora via Bluetooth.
Ahh I see. Looks very similar to mine.

Quote:
Sound quality of this HU is excellent with so many customisable features.
Sound quality is very good. Although I'm not sure if it's utilising the tweeters or the subwoofer from the factory.

Quote:
The microphone was mounted with the clip as shown in the photo. You can pop up the top cover of steering column and remove the vinyl dust cover. Feed the cable through making sure it clears any moving parts or harnesses. Re-assemble. [this is the same location of the mic if you get the OEM Honda Bluetooth add-on kit]. My steering wheel is normally retracted so you can't see the mic. Would've preferred to unclip the mic and stick to the column but cannot find the sticky pad that was meant to be supplied?
I mounted mine on the roof so I can't see it. You can run the cable through the side pillars.

Quote:
App mode doesn't work but I find out i forgot to plug in the USB portion of the interface cable.
What phone are you using? iPhone?

I connected a HDMI cable to mine so I can mirror my Android display wirelessly to the head unit.

Quote:
Applied a screen protector on the screen to prevent scratches.
Where did you get the screen protector? I can't find one the size of the head unit unless I cut a large one down.

Last edited by Tea-Aholic; 2nd August 2014 at 12:07.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2014, 12:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Aholic View Post
How do you check the DVD region?

It's written in the manual, specification section. Some specific models from the factory (Thailand) are region unlocked. I've yet to try it though.

Ahh I see. Looks very similar to mine.

There is not much difference between 2013 and 2014 models.

Sound quality is very good. Although I'm not sure if it's utilising the tweeters or the subwoofer from the factory.

Yes much better than factory system.

I mounted mine on the roof so I can't see it. You can run the cable through the side pillars.

Did you get a sticky pad with yours?

What phone are you using? iPhone? 4s.

I connected a HDMI cable to mine so I can mirror my Android display wirelessly to the head unit.

Ah i see.

Where did you get the screen protector? I can't find one the size of the head unit unless I cut a large one down.

Search for x3500bhs screen protector on ebay. It's an exact fit (-2.5mm so you can remove it later on). I didn't get any air bubbles.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in