Tech available in 1.6 ES Plus-T - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th July 2014, 22:22 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 Ex, Galaxy Grey
Question Tech available in 1.6 ES Plus-T

Hi,

I'm really just looking for a general overview of the capabilities of the Nav/Audio system in the 1.6 SE Plus-T. I tried asking the dealer today but when he claimed that the Sat-Nav would be fitted in the head-up area I figured that I couldn't really trust his answers!! - I've had a good look through the forums and the only questions I cannot find definitive answers too are:

1. With an iPhone can I access Siri through the Bluetooth and the onboard mic?

2. Is anyone aware as to whether this vehicle will have an upgrade to iOS in the car? (Honda seem to be named in the promotional literature - noting from Summer 2014)

3. Can you control Sat Nav with voice commands or are they reserved only for the phone control?

thanks for any help!

Martin

Last edited by Bluenose17; 20th July 2014 at 22:42. Reason: Car type should have been SE Plus-T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st July 2014, 10:22

Car: 2012, 2.2 I-DTEC, EXEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose17 View Post
Hi,

I'm really just looking for a general overview of the capabilities of the Nav/Audio system in the 1.6 SE Plus-T. I tried asking the dealer today but when he claimed that the Sat-Nav would be fitted in the head-up area I figured that I couldn't really trust his answers!! - I've had a good look through the forums and the only questions I cannot find definitive answers too are:

1. With an iPhone can I access Siri through the Bluetooth and the onboard mic?
What version of iphone/ios? Jailbroken or not?
I don't think you can on a stock iphone 5 though.
Quote:
2. Is anyone aware as to whether this vehicle will have an upgrade to iOS in the car? (Honda seem to be named in the promotional literature - noting from Summer 2014)
What do you mean? an upgrade so the entire satnav turns into Apple Carplay? I doubt it. Maybe youre talking about HondaLink? I doubt that too.
Quote:
3. Can you control Sat Nav with voice commands or are they reserved only for the phone control?
Yes I believe you can.
Thanks to cazcade from:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st July 2014, 22:59
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
As above, but the Bluetooth system in my EX-GT does work with Siri (and other apps like maps, google maps) interrupting the music.

T Grade navigation systems don't show turn and direction info on the iMID like the premium systems.

The will be no os updates for any if the current Honda Navigation Systems... The 2015 face lift models will probably have the newer honda link systems which support car play.
Thanks to Bog from:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 09:45 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
As above, but the Bluetooth system in my EX-GT does work with Siri (and other apps like maps, google maps) interrupting the music.

T Grade navigation systems don't show turn and direction info on the iMID like the premium systems.
Thanks! - Could you briefly explain if there are any other differences between the T grade technology and the "premium systems" - I can't see any differentiator in the brochure between the features... It seems to suggest that by paying the extra for the T-grade that I should get the same features?

cheers!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 10:18
Bog
Supporter

Eco display
Premium has better sound (sub in boot for some models), AV in, DVD playback, full European maps, TMC, 60gb HDD for music, trip display screen, HD screen and the reversing camera is displayed on the screen instead of iMID screen.
Thanks to Bog from:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 14:26 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
Premium has better sound (sub in boot for some models), AV in, DVD playback, full European maps, TMC, 60gb HDD for music, trip display screen, HD screen and the reversing camera is displayed on the screen instead of iMID screen.
Thanks again, although I'm still confused, perhaps the brochure is wrong or I'm not grasping the terminology!!

The brochure for 2014 models shows "DAB radio, premium audio - MP3 compatible with subwoofer" as being standard fit on every model of car with the one exception (which in itself seems strange) of the 1.4 S - is there a separate type of premium system to which you refer?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 15:30
Bog
Supporter

Eco display
Premium Audio refers to an additional amp and sub woofer hence some non-Sat Nav models having premium audio too. It seems now they offer this in most models, whereas it was not in 2012.

I have 2012 model and they did not have DAB back then (Thanks Honda)... Later 2013 models have same Audio/Sat Nav systems but the DAB is a plug in module behind the dash controlled by the iMID hardware (like USB playback).

Last edited by Bog; 22nd July 2014 at 15:33.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
audio , ios , iphone , navigation , siri

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page