Head Unit Is there a firmware update for the non nav head unit? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 27th August 2014, 09:01 Thread Starter
Supporter

Is there a firmware update for the non nav head unit?

Hi Folks,

I have a civic tourer that has the standard stereo - no nav or touch screen display. I can stream music to it via bluetooth from my phone and can change forward/back tracks with the car stereo controls but i cant browse music on the phone.

My phone is a HTC One **, i thought it might be something in the Htc's software so i flashed it to vanilla android but its the same result.

I read somewhere that google may have updated its bluetooth implementaiton recently and that some stereo's need updated firmware to be fully compatabile, would there be firmware avail for the civic's radio? I think its a panasonic model?

Cheers,
Mick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 31st August 2014, 23:51

Car: 2013 MK9 Civic 1.6 EX iDTEC
Google updated android to ensure that track listings were shown in the imid display.
This doesn't mean that the stereo firmware needs to be updated - far from it - in my experience the car's bluetooth data comes from the bluetooth receiver that sits under the passenger airbag and just sends the information it receives to the radio. And at this stage, unless you have an iPhone (or possibly Blackberry but not sure) then the imid will never display the track listing (because the bluetooth unit came out of the ark) and will never allow you to browse the music.
It's all rather dark ages I'm afraid.

look at the
Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2... - The Spotify Community
Our unit made by Johnson COntrols for Honda is I guess working to the AVRCP 1.0.
So even of your phone had the correct version of Andriod, the car wouldn't recognise it.
Honda seem to be apathetic to the issue and also the issue of compatibility issues with phones dropping out eg here
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electro...pping-out.html

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page