Head Unit Loading Music on to my HDD - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th August 2014, 18:01 Thread Starter
Veedub

Car: 2065 White Orchid SR
Garage
Loading Music on to my HDD

Just wondering if I can load music I have compiled onto my HDD via a USB stick, or is it just by slotting in CDs. Can't see anything that relates to this in the Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th August 2014, 18:23

Car: 2012, 2.2 I-DTEC, EXEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
Just wondering if I can load music I have compiled onto my HDD via a USB stick, or is it just by slotting in CDs. Can't see anything that relates to this in the Manual
I think its only from CDs...
Thanks to cazcade from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th August 2014, 06:09
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Yes, it reads and copies the CD whilst it's playing (if you have that option selected). from what I understand it has to be a commercial type CD in .CDA format and not .MP3 tracks on a CDR.

The one snag with the HDD is that it only plays one album then goes back to the start of that album, or that's what I've found.

If it only did the same as USB and just plays all tracks/albums from start to finish.
Thanks to Kremmen from:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th August 2014, 21:59

Car: Civic 1.6 iDTEC EX
Eco display
agree with what Kremmen says. Easier just to ignore the HDD and load everything on to a USB stick.
Thanks to Slider2 from:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th August 2014, 23:08 Thread Starter
Veedub
** Thread starter **

Garage
I'm working around it by condensing CDs into MP3 format... Maximise a CD and yep.... It seems to be working..... The frustrating thing is we are always looking for fixes for different things Arggghhhh!! I couldn't find anything to do with the HDD in my manual.... That is poor or am I going blind
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th August 2014, 06:51
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Q:

So once the MP3's are loaded onto the HDD do they play from start to finish of the whole HDD ?

At the moment (apologies for music choice) I've got just over 100 singles on the USB in a folder. That is followed by another folder with all the Moody Blues albums and that is followed by a few more folders with other albums.

The USB plays all the singles followed by all the Moody Blues albums followed by all the other stuff in the order I set them. When it gets to the end of the final album it start again with the singles - I don't need to touch anything - perfect.

When I tested the HDD I loaded all the Moody Blues albums. It played the first album and instead of going onto the second one it just started the first one again, even though I had them in a playlist. I tried a few ploys but none worked.

= back to USB.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th August 2014, 08:35

Car: Civic 1.6 iDTEC EX
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
I'm working around it by condensing CDs into MP3 format... Maximise a CD and yep.... It seems to be working..... The frustrating thing is we are always looking for fixes for different things Arggghhhh!! I couldn't find anything to do with the HDD in my manual.... That is poor or am I going blind
Must have been a change to the HDD spec as this didn't work when I tried it in my 2013 car. Good news 'tho

Would be great if somebody discovered a way to load the HDD directly with mp3's - even if this meant removing the disk and putting it in a caddy to connect directly to a pC
Thanks to Slider2 from:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th August 2014, 10:30 Thread Starter
Veedub
** Thread starter **

Garage
Wink

Ok.... When I first got the car I just played either my compilations or pre-recorded CDs and then easily switched to USB if I wanted complete albums, (I'm a mug for Queen and ELO). When I first got the car I was travelling around for long periods and realised that I didn't have a CD in it all and the HDD was playing all the tracks from different compilations that I'd shoved into the CD slot previously. So I thought I'd try the whole process again so I deleted everything on my HDD then made up another compilation which I'm playing over this past few days, I switched over to the HDD yesterday and those tracks were on there... Soooo I'm getting what I want from it which in this case is a whole mix of music not unlike these Now that's what I call music albums. It just seems to take time with a CD where as a USB does things so much quicker..... I hope it makes sense here because this is exactly how I'm doing it. (ps. I also shuffled everything on WMP before I started recording)
Thanks to Nitehawk from:

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page