Anyone use aha radio ? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th October 2015, 13:27 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Anyone use aha radio ?

I've tried it today and disappointed with it only get about 4or 5 channels even when select all English content . How do u set it up to be any good or is this it ? Even tried getting smart phone app to try setup more channels for the car but not found much am I messing something ?I thought dab was bad but this is using my data and little use .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th October 2015, 13:32

Car: 2015 1.8 5 door, P. Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTACIVIC View Post
I've tried it today and disappointed with it only get about 4or 5 channels even when select all English content . How do u set it up to be any good or is this it ? Even tried getting smart phone app to try setup more channels for the car but not found much am I messing something ?I thought dab was bad but this is using my data and little use .
There are literally tens of thousands of channels, that's what makes it hard to find the good ones. I am usually listening to Live365 channels through Aha, they are good. Also there are TED talks.
Visit aharadio.com, maybe search is more straightforward there. You can add channels to your radio via the website.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th October 2015, 15:26 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Thanks it's a bit hard to find channels on aha when you find the add channel opinion it's Easyer but like you say it's hard to find good content you spend ages looking thought 100s of groups but I mite just listen the to them on my phone as spent 20 to 30 mins used about 50 meg of data.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th October 2015, 18:52

Car: 2015 1.8 5 door, P. Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTACIVIC View Post
Thanks it's a bit hard to find channels on aha when you find the add channel opinion it's Easyer but like you say it's hard to find good content you spend ages looking thought 100s of groups but I mite just listen the to them on my phone as spent 20 to 30 mins used about 50 meg of data.
Go to "Aha and Partner stations", you will have a much better chance finding something good there.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th October 2015, 10:25 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Ok thanks found that out got a few selected see how it goes . Bit bothered about how much data is uses is it all used at the start of the podcast or does it download bit at a time? I've seen about 50 meg used just trials of stations when didn't have much setup now got stations with 40 to 50 mins podcasts be interested to see how much that uses.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th October 2015, 13:16

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
There are basically 3 types of Aha station and these are handled slightly differantly regarding download / playback options.

1. Live streamed radio.
2. Pre Recorded - streamed Jukebox style music
3. Podcast / Audiobook.

The different types of station playback options means, for example live streaming, can only be stopped and started as it is downloaded as a live stream, whereas jukebox style streaming can be fast forwarded as it a pre recorded stream and podcast/audiobook can be both fast forwarded/backwards as it is downloaded as a whole.

This can be seem during playback by what option you have at the bottom of the playback screen.
Thanks to Steve_m from:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th October 2015, 22:11 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_m View Post
There are basically 3 types of Aha station and these are handled slightly differantly regarding download / playback options.

1. Live streamed radio.
2. Pre Recorded - streamed Jukebox style music
3. Podcast / Audiobook.

The different types of station playback options means, for example live streaming, can only be stopped and started as it is downloaded as a live stream, whereas jukebox style streaming can be fast forwarded as it a pre recorded stream and podcast/audiobook can be both fast forwarded/backwards as it is downloaded as a whole.

This can be seem during playback by what option you have at the bottom of the playback screen.
Thanks steve that is abit clearer now

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page