Reverse Camera works, close proximity warning beeps stopped.. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2017, 22:05 Thread Starter
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
Reverse Camera works, close proximity warning beeps stopped..

Hi Guys,

OK - backed the car in the drive tonight and for some reason, the proximity beeps (and the bit where the graphics go red) seems to have stopped working.
Lucky for me, I've done this quite a few times - but it was scarily close to the wall - no beeps.

Checked on the system, reverse camera is on and the graphics thing is on - but no menu for proximity. The car used to do it, but for some reason it's stopped.

Anyone else had this?

Thank you all in advance for your help and guidance.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2017, 23:04
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
It may seem silly, But were your parking sensors on? There is a toggle next to the Traction control / Headlight angle controls on the bottom right. (You are probably aware), Check it's on and if not try toggling.

May seem basic, but it is worth checking the simple things first before pulling things apart :P
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th April 2017, 12:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
It may seem silly, But were your parking sensors on? There is a toggle next to the Traction control / Headlight angle controls on the bottom right. (You are probably aware), Check it's on and if not try toggling.

May seem basic, but it is worth checking the simple things first before pulling things apart :P
Is there?? No idea there was a switch.. I was looking on the tablet screen under "camera"!

Really must have a read through the manual...

Thanks for the pointer - will check it out when I get home and advise whether I have just being caught being a numpty.....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th April 2017, 18:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Confirms.. I am an idiot.. the little button with the big P and the green led light was not depressed, hence no beeps...

Thanks Haltamer!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th April 2017, 00:25
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Happens to everyone now and then; I only noticed it myself thanks to the green light :P

Glad it was the simple solution; They parking sensors are most useful!

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page