Electrics Holding up ICE / Accessory power on initial start - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 28th June 2017, 02:07 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Question Holding up ICE / Accessory power on initial start

As is usual with cars, when you start the car, accessory power etc is cut to feed the starter, which can be an irritation as it causes my dashcams to toggle on / off again, and can hang some of the non-standard apps I have wedged onto the head unit, however, It struck me today that when the engine uses auto stop start, there is no interruption to ICE power.

Does anyone know of a way that I can maintain ICE power when initially starting the car, or add some kind of hold up battery or capacitor (big one :P) to maintain the power and prevent the aforementioned inconveniences?

As with many things, I'm sure this will either be a simple matter or incredibly convoluted

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page