SD Sat nav not acquiring Satellites - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haltamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th August 2017, 21:50 Thread Starter

SD Sat nav not acquiring Satellites

Purchased a 2013 ES-T and loving the car. However the Sat nav has twice now shown me in a completely different part of London. The only way I could get myself back on track was to manually re-configure my position using the "arrows".

When I look up my GPS location on the unit it tells me it's not connected to any satellites and is trying to acquire one.

Anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th August 2017, 22:42
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Is your date & time set correctly?
If your time is substantially off, it can lead to it not being able to find satellite positions.

I'm fairly sure there is a diagnostic mode that can be accessed which shows sattelite positions & reception, which would let you see if the antenna is operating correctly, but I'm not sure how to access it:- Perhaps that's something @Bog can help you with, the head unit wizard he is.
Bog likes this.
Thanks to Haltamer from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th August 2017, 18:03
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
To be honest it happens to me sometimes, but it normally sorts itself after a few minutes or an engine restart. I'm not sure but I think it's to do with the GPS unit being separate to the head unit and it losing connection.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks to Bog from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th August 2017, 15:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks all - drove it down to see my folks on the coast and took it to Honda in Poole. Just before I dragged someone out did a quick check and it had acquired plenty of satellites. Luckily I checked before I looked too much like an idiot!

Still prefer to use Google Maps or Waze due to the traffic info but at least this one works as back up.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page