2012 EX - HDD SatNav/Stereo Unit questions - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kremmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 6th September 2017, 08:42 Thread Starter

2012 EX - HDD SatNav/Stereo Unit questions

Hi all,

Just purchased a lovely little 2012 EX Civic second hand, and have been playing around with it - however, I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out (and are not in the manual!). if anyone can help me with them, I'd really appreciate it!

1. It's the HDD satnav unit - from reading the forum, seems the only way to update the maps etc. is via a dealer; is that still the case?

2. I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the unit, and play Spotify from my phone - is there a way to get the song details showing in the dash / headunit?

3. When using the guidance, the voice is very quiet compared to the music - is there a way to have it auto-adjust to the music volume?

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 6th September 2017, 11:09
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarleyUK View Post
Hi all,

Just purchased a lovely little 2012 EX Civic second hand, and have been playing around with it - however, I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out (and are not in the manual!). if anyone can help me with them, I'd really appreciate it!

1. It's the HDD satnav unit - from reading the forum, seems the only way to update the maps etc. is via a dealer; is that still the case? Yes and it's quite expensive at around 150 :0

2. I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the unit, and play Spotify from my phone - is there a way to get the song details showing in the dash / headunit? Unfortunately no there isn't, unless your phone supports it

3. When using the guidance, the voice is very quiet compared to the music - is there a way to have it auto-adjust to the music volume? Not auto, no

Thanks all!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 6th September 2017, 16:18 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

OK, thanks!

Also, is it possible to install speed camera alerts onto the HDD SatNav...?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 6th September 2017, 17:06
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The guidance volume:

Display the map screen > Info > Setting (I think its info)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th September 2017, 18:52

Car: 1.6 I-DTEC SR
Post Similar Issue

I just got a 2014 Civic and I am really happy with it, but similar to you - not quite happy with the Satnav head unit.

The ability to show junctions & turns in the dash next to the speedo is neat but the quality of the Satnav leaves a lot to be desired
I am used to having the road speed showing, the actual car speed (not speedo speed) camera alerts and being able to zoom in much further (useful for driving in Wales & Cornwall to see the road layout ahead)

Playing music from phone does not show track listing and the unit audio quality is not what I would expect from premium - its not actually bad either though!

Just been reading some threads where people have upgraded their head units, but it is not something that I think I will tackle myself
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th September 2017, 09:51

Car: 2012 2.2 Milano Red
I like the format but Speed Camera information is the only drawback, except in my case I had to replace the whole unit because of a fault with the DVD.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th September 2017, 09:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers guys - really appreciate the input

Shame there's no way to update speed camera details, but I can live with that. Oddly, the lack of audio info from Bluetooth music is the thing annoying me the most!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th September 2017, 10:13
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
You can link speed camera info to the HDD audio unit, I've done it.

It means when I approach a camera, it mutes the audio, issues the warning, then returns the audio - perfect.

You need to subscribe to the PocketGPSWorld CamerAlert app, then link your phone and app to the headunit via bluetooth.
At the moment Android is the way to go because the Apple version is soon to be obsolete due to the app not being compatible with the upcoming 64bit ios.
FarleyUK likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page