Phone Help!!!iphone iOS 11 Bluetooth woes - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 14:07 Thread Starter

Question Help!!!iphone iOS 11 Bluetooth woes

Hi all,

I have a 2013 I-dtec SE Civic bought used last March. I love the car and my iphone was connecting with Bluetooth just fine until last week when I updated io iOS 11. Let me go through what has happened. After the update my phone would automatically connect as usual but there would be a couple disconnects/connects on a 40' trip. I got annoyed and googled it and I tried the most recommended fixes like unpair/pair the phone again, reset phone network settings and reset all settings. This made things worse. The car would connect only if I delete the paired device and pair again. If I turn off the car and restart then says cannot connect to device. Contacted Apple and they suggested that I should update the car's firmware. One small detail I noticed though is that, my phone before was set as paired device no.2 on the car paired list. When I set up the phone as new it appears as no.1. But when I restart the car it defaults at no.2 again???

Any suggestions guys would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 15:08
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I've seen many iOS 11 woes around various forums.

One other issue that springs to mind is the ability for one app to launch another. Probably not widely used but those who do are annoyed.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 15:17
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Hmmmmm! Hope I don't have any issues as I've just updated to iOS 11 today... I've read today that it can sap the life out of your battery quicker than before though.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 16th October 2017, 09:57

Car: 2012 2.2SE 5dr NightHawk Blk
IOS 11 is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsak View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2013 I-dtec SE Civic bought used last March. I love the car and my iphone was connecting with Bluetooth just fine until last week when I updated io iOS 11. Let me go through what has happened. After the update my phone would automatically connect as usual but there would be a couple disconnects/connects on a 40' trip. I got annoyed and googled it and I tried the most recommended fixes like unpair/pair the phone again, reset phone network settings and reset all settings. This made things worse. The car would connect only if I delete the paired device and pair again. If I turn off the car and restart then says cannot connect to device. Contacted Apple and they suggested that I should update the car's firmware. One small detail I noticed though is that, my phone before was set as paired device no.2 on the car paired list. When I set up the phone as new it appears as no.1. But when I restart the car it defaults at no.2 again???

Any suggestions guys would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Hi Patsak, Have a 2012 2.2 DTEC ES but it's probably not that different. I used to be able to use Siri through Bluetooth but that is very flakey now as well. I really hate it when people don't discuss the problem on threads like this so sorry but I have to ask, do you connect using USB as well or just Bluetooth. I have Bluetooth always on for receiving calls etc. but I play music through USB, which gives better meta data, is independent of the phones volume and allows browsing of playlists etc. Is there a reason you don't use USB?

I find that since IOS11, i get a couple of seconds delay before siri cuts in to the audio signal and sometimes it has given up waiting by then.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 21:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I use the Bluetooth for calls mostly, now I only use the USB port to listen to music. Taken the car to a Honda dealership and had the mechanic 30í in the car trying to connect his phone. The bluetooth will connect as new but if I turn off and then back on again it doesnít. He said to replace the unit, quoted £1,500 for it, said have a good day and left. He also said that there isnít a firmware for me to update the satnav/infotainment unit. Have really bothered since, I check whenever a new Apple update comes out but still no joy.

Very frustrating
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th December 2017, 19:21

Garage
Mine seems to be ok after upgrade to ios11 with 2014 plate civic hatchback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th January 2018, 12:27
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Hi Patsak, Have a 2012 2.2 DTEC ES but it's probably not that different. I used to be able to use Siri through Bluetooth but that is very flakey now as well. I really hate it when people don't discuss the problem on threads like this so sorry but I have to ask, do you connect using USB as well or just Bluetooth. I have Bluetooth always on for receiving calls etc. but I play music through USB, which gives better meta data, is independent of the phones volume and allows browsing of playlists etc. Is there a reason you don't use USB?

I find that since IOS11, i get a couple of seconds delay before siri cuts in to the audio signal and sometimes it has given up waiting by then.

I can get my playlists up via Bluetooth. Yes cable gives more data displayed on screen but no pause function!! Bluetooth has a pause in audio screen but USB doesn't. If I need to charge phone I just plug it in but still use Bluetooth for music etc.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th January 2018, 12:33
I Hate tailgaters!

Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
I use the Bluetooth for calls mostly, now I only use the USB port to listen to music. Taken the car to a Honda dealership and had the mechanic 30í in the car trying to connect his phone. The bluetooth will connect as new but if I turn off and then back on again it doesnít. He said to replace the unit, quoted £1,500 for it, said have a good day and left. He also said that there isnít a firmware for me to update the satnav/infotainment unit. Have really bothered since, I check whenever a new Apple update comes out but still no joy.

Very frustrating

Do you mean switch car off and on again or Bluetooth on phone off and on again whilst still in car? I always switch my Bluetooth on before starting car, if I forget it still works but occasionally neither talk to one another so I just turn car off and on again. (Not whilst moving)
Have you tried un-pairing phone and car. Checking to see if car has memory of other Bluetooth devices and wiping them out. Then re-pairing?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 17th April 2018, 20:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
Do you mean switch car off and on again or Bluetooth on phone off and on again whilst still in car? I always switch my Bluetooth on before starting car, if I forget it still works but occasionally neither talk to one another so I just turn car off and on again. (Not whilst moving)
Have you tried un-pairing phone and car. Checking to see if car has memory of other Bluetooth devices and wiping them out. Then re-pairing?

Hi Red,

Itís really strange. I delete the old phone and connect the new one. It will be playing / talking fine until I turn the key off. Whenever the head unit restarts the new phone is gone from the list and the old phone appears again. I have tried everything car and phone wise. Honda asked £1500+ for a new head unit. Is there a way around this? I am not concerned about playing music as much as the hands free. Is there a way to connect an external Bluetooth through letís say USB and still be able to use the steering wheel phone controls?

Thanks

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th April 2018, 01:00
I Hate tailgaters!

Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Hi Red,

Itís really strange. I delete the old phone and connect the new one. It will be playing / talking fine until I turn the key off. Whenever the head unit restarts the new phone is gone from the list and the old phone appears again. I have tried everything car and phone wise. Honda asked £1500+ for a new head unit. Is there a way around this? I am not concerned about playing music as much as the hands free. Is there a way to connect an external Bluetooth through letís say USB and still be able to use the steering wheel phone controls?

Thanks

There are after market Bluetooth phone devices that you used to plug into cigarette socket.

Have you tried deleting/ telling unit to forget old phone. Master reset of unit then connecting new phone. I take it old phone is no longer used near car?
Some units will let you add a few phones but only connects to one. Have you told unit new phone is main connection.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th April 2018, 03:40
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Being as the car is a 2013 then, if like mine, there is a way to delete the old phone.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 05:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
There are after market Bluetooth phone devices that you used to plug into cigarette socket.

Have you tried deleting/ telling unit to forget old phone. Master reset of unit then connecting new phone. I take it old phone is no longer used near car?
Some units will let you add a few phones but only connects to one. Have you told unit new phone is main connection.

Tried all of that, when restarting the car the phone reappears

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 17:19
I Hate tailgaters!

Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Tried all of that, when restarting the car the phone reappears

Well, I'm out of ideas. You are in a pickle. Besides get a branch from a nearby tree and threatening to give it a damn good thrashing.

But, have you told your old phone to forget the car. Switch Bluetooth on and look for car. Delete it then check your new phone has the car in its memory, I'm guessing it does. You could try deleting it and starting again.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page