Cruise Cruise control not illuminating - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 16th October 2017, 09:49 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 2.2SE 5dr NightHawk Blk
Cruise control not illuminating

I have already posted this elsewhere on the forum but it may be in the wrong place;

Hello everyone.
Thanks for checking out this thread.

I have a 2012 2.2 DTEC in the UK. I first noticed this problem after taking out my boot/trunk light to see what the bulb fitting was, I don't know if it is related.
When attempting to engage the cruise control on the next day's commute the steering wheel buttons did not have the effect I would have expected, i.e. a target speed displayed on the dashboard. I then noticed that the small speedo cruise control symbol was not displayed. When I pressed the menu button which normally toggles between CC, limiter & normal it only light the LIM symbol or nothing.

Continual pressing has the same effect, just a toggle between LIM and nothing, it doesn't even take 2 presses to get to LIM as it would have done previously.

I have check (visually) the fuses indicated in the owners manual to be related to CC, fuse 19 & 20 under the drivers dash and they appear OK, I'm afraid I don't have a meter to test them.

Other points that may be relevant are that the car is due for a major service, it has done 72K and was serviced just over 12 months ago, and as this was a service before buying, it was probably the bearest of services.

I haven't noticed any fault indication (although I'm not sure where to look) or any other system not working.

I hope someone can help as this is the 1st breakdown/fault i have had with this car so far & I feel a little inadequate for not being able to solve it.

Thanks Again
NeilV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 4th January 2018, 09:25 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2012 2.2SE 5dr NightHawk Blk
Talking Problem solved (User Error)

Hi All,
In case you are following this thread because you have a similar problem or if you've just stumbled across this, I will leave this info in case it helps. As you may see by the title, I have solved the problem. It was caused by a little nut behind the wheel (i.e. ME)

Yes, You've guessed it, I was doing it wrong. For some reason I was convinced that the button labelled Main, just above and to the left of the up, down cancel cluster, toggled between the 3 states (Cruise, Limiter & off) whereas, it actually only toggles between what I will call controlled & off, the mode of control is controlled by the left portion of the circular cruise cluster marked LIM this toggles between Limiter & Cruise Control as I discovered by accident when I pressed it while showing my son the problem on a long drive.

I hope this helps someone help retain some of their hair as I've been pulling mine out.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
acc , control , cruise , limiter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in