My install new headunit no sound from speakers - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th October 2017, 10:22 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 1.6 i-dtec
new headunit no sound from speakers

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve the following?
I've connected an aftermarket headunit (sony wx900bt) into a 2012 civic using the connects2CTSHO006.2, CTMULTILEAD.2 (keeping pins 1,2,&3 intact and using the jackinto the radio) & CT27AA71. The unit appears to function but there is no sound from the speakers. The Honda display says 'audio off' while the unit is functioning. Compared to the connects2 youtube video on installing a new unit using their installation kit my OEM unit has an extra socket which is left unconnected. I've reconnected the OEM unit which works fine. It could be that I've not connected everything properly or an incompatibility between the connects2 wiring and my car or a problem with the unit itself?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st October 2017, 07:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2013 1.6 i-dtec
aftermarket head unit - no sound from speakers

I've connected an aftermarket headunit (sony wx900bt) into a 2012 civic using the connects2CTSHO006.2, CTMULTILEAD.2 (keeping pins 1,2,&3 intact and using the jackinto the radio) & CT27AA71. The unit appears to function but there is no sound from the speakers. The Honda display says 'audio off' while the unit is functioning. Compared to the connects2 youtube video on installing a new unit using their installation kit my OEM unit has an extra socket which is left unconnected. I've reconnected the OEM unit which works fine. It could be that I've not connected everything properly or an incompatibility between the connects2 wiring and my car or a problem with the unit itself?
(previously posted by mistake under 8th Gen Forum)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 1st November 2017, 17:07

Car: Honda Civic 10 SportPlus CVT
Garage
Check Connects2, if it is broken or something.

Also, you can try to remove it all, and reconnect it all over again. I had issue with Connects2, when double din where turning off and on by itself, and I solve that by reconnecting all over again.

"Audio off" message - it's irrelevant, because some of us have it, some don't. I manage to remove it, after connecting wires while engine where running (I posted it in some of my messages).

Hope you will be able to solve this by reconnecting

Last edited by iceNick; 1st November 2017 at 17:10.
Thanks to iceNick from:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th November 2017, 20:25

Car: 2015 Civic TR
One issue i ran in to is that the amp needs to be 'on'. I can look it up for you if you want to, what i can think of right now is that there is one wire in the big plug that needs power and does nog get power from the connects-2 kit (I read it somewhere, my situation was different: I bougth a android device from china wich had its own cables and can-bus, but had the same problem).

Then when I connected that wire i had VERY much sound, (beacause te sound was amplified two times i think). Resolved that in anonther way.

I see you have the 1.6 Dtec, so you have the amp (all civic Diesels have it, I read)
Thanks to Aran from:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th April 2018, 09:03
Supporter

Car: Honda Civic Sport 1.6 i-DTEC
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaandy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
One issue i ran in to is that the amp needs to be 'on'. I can look it up for you if you want to, what i can think of right now is that there is one wire in the big plug that needs power and does nog get power from the connects-2 kit (I read it somewhere, my situation was different: I bougth a android device from china wich had its own cables and can-bus, but had the same problem).

Then when I connected that wire i had VERY much sound, (beacause te sound was amplified two times i think). Resolved that in anonther way.

I see you have the 1.6 Dtec, so you have the amp (all civic Diesels have it, I read)

Hello, sorry for quoting you guys, but I'm having the same problem (Joying (chinese) unit with connects2 harness - NO SOUND).

How did you solve the problem?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 18th September 2018, 09:34

I'll join the team here for bump, xtrons HU in 1.6 dtec, no sound.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 19th September 2018, 19:42

First question, what unit did you replace? The standard unit or a premium one with subwoofer?

Second, do you have a multi meter?

If you have answered premium stereo there is a chance that the amplified signal from the after market unit is too high a voltage for the o.e amplifier input causing it to go into voltage protect.

If you have a multi meter disconnect the speaker output from the harness, set the meter to ac volts and measure 2 of the speaker pins (same could wires, negative will be stripped) with the unit on playing music. You should get a a fluctuating reading that increases with volume. This proves the head unit is functioning as it should

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th March 2019, 13:11
Supporter

Ok so we need to activate the amp. Anyone point me to a SIMPLE guide to do this as my new double din is looking forlorn producing no noise.....

Thanks

Has anyone used this solution?
https://incartec.co.uk/product/20-269

And if so can it be used with the Connects2 harnesses as I'd like to retain the steering wheel interface

Last edited by Biscuitman; 30th March 2019 at 13:47.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th March 2019, 16:04
Supporter

I ended up just cutting a spare wire from an unused block that came on the Connects2 kit (labelled lead 629-v1) and sliding that male connector into the main (locking connector) block opposite the white power on/off lead detailed on Eek's post (no.8) below, I then connected the other end of the cable into a spare blue power cable on the Connects2 harness

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/electr...-amp-wire.html

Hey presto working sound
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st March 2019, 02:01

Sounds (ha!) like you had the same problem I've just resolved, see post #4 in this thread for how I ended up resolving the no audio thing - and also using non-amplified sony outputs to drive the Honda amp...
www dot civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/419076-wiring-help-need-turn-premium-amp.html#post5443924

(can't post links here yet, apparently, which is a bit of a pain in the yarris.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
connects2 , wx900bt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in