Overspeed warning post facelift connect navi - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Haltamer
  • 1 Post By peniole

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 09:20 Thread Starter

Garage
Overspeed warning post facelift connect navi

I've read the articles on adding custom POI's for speed cams and the like. This is a different question. Is there an option to get the car to give you an audible warning based on the speed limits the navi has on the installed maps (ala here maps app style). I know we have speed warnings with the iMID, those aren't what I'm after. What I'm after is; if you're in a 100kph zone and go into an 80kph zone, you miss the sign and are still at 100, can the navi give you a warning that you're over the current speed limit?

Excuse the silly question, but until I get my hands on a full English manual (not provided with my German bought civic, I'm at Google's and your mercy). Generic Garmin advice says you can but I can't find it in our menu options. (Garmin: https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...eE75WnFyIZd9fA), it's called a speed limit reduction alert. If it's not possible, I'm assuming Honda disabled it along with the navi's ability to show the car's current speed? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th November 2017, 23:12
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Have a look in the guide section; You could add Camsam to the unit which would essentially do this, or any number of other apps with this sort of function.
I did consider adding camsam with an mp3 of an aircraft "OVERSPEEED. OVERSPEED." warning, but I never got round to finding the file
peniole likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st December 2017, 04:44
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Bog standard Garmin PND's have this facility so I'm surprised this hasn't trickled over to the Honda Garmin implementation, most things seem to have.

I turned it off on my Garmin 2699 because it's just so annoying. Accidentally get to 31mph for example and bong, bong, bong, bong .........

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st December 2017, 06:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
It got annoying on here maps, I agree. But new route to work makes it worth the annoyance the first couple of times till autopilot kicks in. Wife has a new route to work, 34 miles each way with every conceivable speed limit you can think of (in kph 30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 80 when wet, 100, and 120!!!) and not in that order either. 55 minutes without traffic.

I'll look into camsam, an OVERSPEED mp3 would definitely keep her within the limit
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st December 2017, 07:05 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Have a look in the guide section; You could add Camsam to the unit which would essentially do this, or any number of other apps with this sort of function.
I did consider adding camsam with an mp3 of an aircraft "OVERSPEEED. OVERSPEED." warning, but I never got round to finding the file

Aviation Ringtones for Your Cellphone | Flight

has the overspeed clacker along with a bunch of others
Haltamer likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page