Subwoofer Subwoofer upgrade - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2018, 16:00 Thread Starter

Subwoofer upgrade

I am a little underwhelmed by the sub-woofer that came with my 2014 civic so i am looking to upgrade it.

Has anyone done this?, would i need to fit an aftermarket head unit or could i use the standard one?, and if i could use the standard one, would i have to fit RCA and a remote cable to go with the power cables?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10th April 2018, 09:59

Car: 2013 1.8 5 door, white
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomson95 View Post
I am a little underwhelmed by the sub-woofer that came with my 2014 civic so i am looking to upgrade it.

Has anyone done this?, would i need to fit an aftermarket head unit or could i use the standard one?, and if i could use the standard one, would i have to fit RCA and a remote cable to go with the power cables?
I'm sure you can still use the standard HU. But it may get tricky since you are seemingly using the Premium Sound system. The tricky part lies with the Amplifier that comes with car.

On a none Premium Sound system Civic, to add a subwoofer, you would get a 2 Channel Line Output Converter, to get signal from the factory HU to the Amplifier powering the new Subwoofer.

With the Premium Sound, you MIGHT need the Rockford Fosegate DSR1 Digital Signal Processor if you are adding a Subwoofer with a separate Amplifier while you wish to keep your factory HU. (It maybe better to replace all other speakers and add a 5 Channel Amp to drive the 4 Speakers plus your new Subwoofer).

Alternatively, you MIGHT be able to get an aftermarket Subwoofer of the same size as the one you found in the car and just replace the factory sub with it. I'm just not sure if the factory amp can produce enough power to drive an aftermarket sub.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page