Android Auto Help! - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By xenon04

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 13:30 Thread Starter

Android Auto Help!

hi Guys,

Just got a Honda civic for the first time, absolutely love it. I'm trying to get android auto to appear on the screen but no luck so far, I've paired the phone and connected the USB, turned on android auto on the phone but nothing else appears? The mirror link doesn't work either even though my phone is mirror link compatible (Xperia z3+). Everything is updated, has anyone got any joy with it working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 14:18
1.5 VTEC TURBO

Car: 2017 Civic Sedan
Eco display
Garage
work awesome with my S8
install app Android Auto, allow its permissions
pair your phone to Connect via Bluetooth
connect phone via cable (usb under radio unit)
allow connection (at the first startup)
deed and DZH like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 14:21
Supporter

Car: 2017 EX 1.0 Manual
Garage
The 10G head unit does not support Mirror Link, the facelift 9G Android head unit does though. With the 10G, Mirror Link was replaced by Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - both of which are not available in the 9G.

I have a 10G and an iPhone X - CarPlay works fine, it is dependent on using a genuine Apple cable though, and this must be connected to the smartphone USB socket above the lower tray beneath the dash - not the USB socket in the rear of the armrest.

Apple CarPlay doesn't require any pairing beforehand - you just plug in the phone and tap the CarPlay button that appears on the screen (the button that says 'Smartphone Connection' changes to 'CarPlay'). You are then asked if you want the phone to automatically unlock on future connections to the car.

I know this does not help with Android though. Have you tried a different USB cable and made sure your phone is connected to the designated smartphone port?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 14:42

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicCliff View Post
The 10G head unit does not support Mirror Link, the facelift 9G Android head unit does though. With the 10G, Mirror Link was replaced by Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - both of which are not available in the 9G.

10G still supports Mirrorlink and would therefore work with phones that are not high enough Android version for AA
Thanks to Steve_m from:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 14:47

For android auto phone needs to be Android 5 (lollipop) or later and have the Android Auto App downloaded.

You don't say what country you are from ASami, I assume UK, But Android Auto does not work in all European countries.

There's a country list on the Android auto web page.

https://www.android.com/auto/
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2018, 13:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So I tried looking around for another USB slot, the only ones that are visible are the ones that are in the armrest? maybe I'm missing somehting? I am based in the UK and I have downloaded Android Auto which starts up on the phone alright?I had a look underneath the dashboard but there are no other ports? Any other thoughts?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2018, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASami View Post
So I tried looking around for another USB slot, the only ones that are visible are the ones that are in the armrest? maybe I'm missing somehting? I am based in the UK and I have downloaded Android Auto which starts up on the phone alright?I had a look underneath the dashboard but there are no other ports? Any other thoughts?
Only the USB socket in the centre console lower level will work for AA. The one in the arm rest won’t do AA or CarPlay
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2018, 15:44

info from the Owner's Manual

Last edited by Steve_m; 3rd March 2018 at 15:48.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2018, 16:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

sorry Guys I think I have a 9G not 10g model, but thanks for the help really appreciated
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th April 2018, 16:35
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASami View Post
sorry Guys I think I have a 9G not 10g model, but thanks for the help really appreciated

I've never bothered trying to mirror link my phone but do remember reading something in the book. Pair with Bluetooth. Connect with USB cable. Then select source and change it to .... its not iPod but to the right and looks like a phone if my memory any good. Then again it might be HDMI cable you need. Not near car so that's the best I can offer at moment. Mines a Mk9 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page