• 2 Post By Steve_m
  • 1 Post By Haltamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 01:18 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Any luck with mirrorlink?

I've been trying to get mirrorlink working the other day with the Honda Connect headunit, but didn't have any luck - Trying to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

The phone reports a mirror link connection, but despite trying many different apps that claim to support mirror link, there was no additional pane (As on USDM Models) and Changing the audio source to smartphone reported no phone connected.

Is this, as I expect, due to the age of the android installation on the connect units? Seems strange that the phone reports a mirror link connection, but none of the apps are able to get anywhere on phone or headunit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 01:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Currently referencing these topics
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-gene...t-working.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electro...irrorlink.html (Most relevant being S8 Model)

I did see elsewhere talk of a new update to the connect unit, any idea if this has improved functionality, barring that, has anyone flashed modern android onto the head unit?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 12:29

Car: MK 9, 2015, 1.6 5 door
I've not been able to get this to work either... seems that there is very limited functionality which is a shame. Unless I'm missing something.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 13:04

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
You need to have at least RC6 update for best Mirrorlink performance, especially for newer Android version phones.
peniole and Haltamer like this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 20:11 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Going to see if I can work around this using an AV adapter on my phone, And I'll see if I can use the debug menu to allow HDMI input.
I've seen it done in the US video, but not sure if software is the same:- Set to arrive on Thursday, I'll keep you posted!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 21:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Have been out to the car and found many happy menus to delve in, containing various (Scary :P ) settings for things such as steering angle (?!) and more!

Power + Menu + Brightness Toggle, Hold for 4 Seconds takes you to the primary diagnostic menu
2nd, Bottom option to access debug settings
Now hold Menu and you will be taken to yet another labyrinth of developer options!

I've disabled the VSP Error, as suggested on some american videos, hopefully this should let me use HDMI Mirroring whilst in motion.

The video shows the approximate procedure, note that I personally found some differences in the later development menus, though everything seems to be around.

Did see some interesting options in there for things such as fan on temperatures and more, perhaps something of use to those having temperature issues?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th March 2018, 22:02 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Further update, it seems the option to disable VSP Error may be temporary - I've still yet to experiment with an actual HDMI Connection.

Despite that, the developer menu does yield a number of options for exporting and recording log files to USB - I'll have to see whats available, if human readable could be quite interesting.

One that should help is the option to export mirror link logs - It seems two of my connections have been logged successfully, so there may still be hope.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 27th August 2018, 21:22
Dutch

Car: 2015 Sport 1.6 sporty blue
Garage
Any luck with mirrorlink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Have been out to the car and found many happy menus to delve in, containing various (Scary :P ) settings for things such as steering angle (?!) and more!

Power + Menu + Brightness Toggle, Hold for 4 Seconds takes you to the primary diagnostic menu

2nd, Bottom option to access debug settings

Now hold Menu and you will be taken to yet another labyrinth of developer options!

I've disabled the VSP Error, as suggested on some american videos, hopefully this should let me use HDMI Mirroring whilst in motion.

https://youtu.be/8ZAFeycPQoI

The video shows the approximate procedure, note that I personally found some differences in the later development menus, though everything seems to be around.

Did see some interesting options in there for things such as fan on temperatures and more, perhaps something of use to those having temperature issues?

Does it still work? Iím considering a Mira cast or something if it works

Last edited by Xa4cornelis; 28th August 2018 at 19:29.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th August 2018, 21:07

Car: 2016 CR-V EX 1.6 i-dtec auto
Have RC9 on our 2016 CRV. Mirrorlink now works with my LG G4 (didn't work at all on RC6). Can run Sygic Car Navigation ok, though voices are a bit of a pain and need further investigation. With a rooted phone you can run Android Auto (before version 3), though need some other apps installed as well.
Thanks
Peter
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th August 2018, 21:37 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter View Post
though voices are a bit of a pain
I thikn that will be due to the use of TTS Voices - The Head unit doesn't have any android TTS Packages installed by default, Only the one included with the Garmin GPS App, so you're stuck with a recorded voice.

I seem to remember installing loquendo TTS (I think?) based on some writings on CMDroid, as this gave me the ability to use TTS Voices.
Thanks to Haltamer from:
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th August 2018, 23:14 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa4cornelis View Post
Does it still work? Iím considering a Mira cast or something if it works
The HDMI input workaround that I used resets upon restart, so it's not the most practical - Having just re-rooted on RC8, I'm going to have a look and see if I can install the HondaHack apk that is in use on the 10G - That promises the ability to override the HDMI Lockout, but it is produced for the 10G - It could be worth contacting the dev to see if they have any insights for you.
Xa4cornelis likes this.
Thanks to Haltamer from:

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page