Head Unit Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect during calls - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kremmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 17th March 2018, 19:57 Thread Starter

Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect during calls

I have a 2012 2.2 iDTEC ES with a Bluetooth problem; from reading the forum, Iím not the only one.

In any case, I'm wondered if anyone experiences similar issues to mine, and if they have found a workaround.

Bluetooth connectivity is fine; no issues. I can happily stream music, podcasts, Waze, whatever, through my phone. I can also connect to the OBD port via a bluetooth dongle with no issues.

I have noticed that the car seem to Ďstoreí about 10s worth of the audio stream, presumably as a buffer in case of loss of signal; I suspect this might be related to the issue.

The problem is that when I make or receive calls the Bluetooth disconnects, with a warning on the display, and then reconnects, and then disconnects, and so on. This never happens when streaming - only when making/taking calls. Iíve tried 3 different phones from Sony, Motorola and LG with the same behaviour.

However, Iíve noticed that this behaviour is MUCH worse when I take a call AND Iím already streaming/have a navigation app/ some other audio source running on the phone. If I stop streaming/ navigating the call is usually fine for a while, although it does still drop and reconnect sometimes, which I suspect could be due to me receiving a text message or some other audio event on the phone.

My theory is that when the car Bluetooth unit switches between the Ď10s buffer modeí and the Ďlive callí mode, it gets confused, falls over and restarts.

Questions for the community:

1) Does anyone else experience similar behaviour? Any thoughts?
2) Is the firmware in the car reflashable and can a Honda dealer do this?
3) Is it possible to change the headunit to an android auto compatible one (I kinda fancy doing that!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 01:17
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
If it is a 2012 Model, You'd be better off in the 9th Gen Secion! :P

Being a 2012 model, you will have the earlier headunit, rather than Honda Connect. I know honda Connect did have issues with Bluetooth call dropping, but this has been corrected by updates:- I'm not too sure about the software on the earlier head unit.

There are head units available for the 9th gen, and there is a guide about somewhere:- I imagine you shouldn't have any issues switching in a headunit with Android auto.

I've seen quite a few mentioning the Connect2 Kit, Connects2 Ltd
So you should have some success with that.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 09:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
If it is a 2012 Model, You'd be better off in the 9th Gen Secion! :P
Ops! you're quite right - I'll move the post over there!

The Connect2 kit looks promising - thanks.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 10:47
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Moved original thread.
Farqui and Haltamer like this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
bluetooth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page