Head Unit Android Head Unit Users - Best Apps - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rpsmith79

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th April 2018, 08:58 Thread Starter

Car: 2009 1.8 Type S GT, Silver
Garage
Android Head Unit Users - Best Apps

So, i have finally fitted my Android Head Unit (Eonon) and having a couple of minor issues

Firstly, getting music to continue to play when i start the car, the default music app was pretty rubbish, all you got was a list of every song on the USB stick, no way to search via artist/album etc, so i stuck PowerAmp on, and it works ok, but does not restart on bootup

So, any suggestions for a decent Music app that will work with my attached USB stick will be great

Second issue, is there any way to get my Android phone (OnePlus 3) to automatically turn on tethering when i connect to the bluetooth of the head unit, it seems Google, in their wisdom, decided to remove this feature from Marshmallow and above O/S (i have Oreo) so the usual "Tasker" way of doing it is out of the question without rooting (there is a whole other thread right there, spent 6 hours trying to root my phone yesterday to no avail)

So again, any work around suggestions here would be great

Plus, any other decent apps anyone might suggest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th April 2018, 10:11
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,142 Times in 3,838 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
It's a shame you can't any longer via Tasker, that's how I toggle mine on Nougat/LG.

As N follows M are you sure it's a Google restriction and not something to do with your hardware?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th April 2018, 10:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farqui View Post
It's a shame you can't any longer via Tasker, that's how I toggle mine on Nougat/LG.

As N follows M are you sure it's a Google restriction and not something to do with your hardware?
I'm only basing that on what i have read, maybe it is just Oreo where it is no longer possible then

In which case, i suggest you don't update your O/S if you get the option

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th April 2018, 12:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Ah ha, i think i have managed to get the Tethering switch to work in Tasker now, using a 3rd part Plugin called "Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control"

Or at least i've got it working when connected via bluetooth to my smart watch as a test, just need to test it on the Head Unit at lunchtime

Still would like suggestions on which music player folk are using though, and any other worth while apps or decent Launchers

EDIT: link below to the fix i found, if anyone else if having issues

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/o...how-to.703808/
Farqui likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page