FK2 Civic Power wire Install - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By veehexx
  • 1 Post By nickb913

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 17th July 2018, 17:58 Thread Starter

FK2 Civic Power wire Install

Hi all

Spent the weekend trying to install a 2awg (35mm2) power cable for amps and for the life of me couldn't find anywhere to get the cable through.

Only grommet I could find is the one behind the ecu/airbox. However I could not remove the a/c blower to get a look at the grommet. Don't really want to blindly stick a screwdriver or something into loom cables on the other side.

Does anyone know of another grommet or how to remove the a/c blower?

I would rather not drill the firewall.

Thanks
Nick

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 17th July 2018, 18:52

Car: FD2R
Drop Veehex on here a pm.
He will know as he has upgraded his.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 17th July 2018, 19:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks Jason, will drop him one later.
Cheers
Nick

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 18th July 2018, 15:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Unfortunately not enough posts to pm (yet).

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 08:49
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
that's the only place unless you fancy searching for a under-car route... but that'll mean removing the underpanels and potentially drilling the car for p-clips or something to secure the wiring. my install fully concealed in the sub-boot area.

picture time since i'm pretty useless at describing things:
this is for the 9g typeR so engine bay could be slightly different...

lower than you think in the engine bay:

theres two thicknesses to the rubber grommet; thick in the center and thinner closer the edge. I poked a hole through the thinner bit with a small screwdriver and then poked the power wire through with a bit of WD40 to aid pulling it through

on the inside, you can get your hand up the back of the heater box but don't need to remove the heater system. I assume you found it from the interior side, but if not, remove the panel on the passenger side and slide your hand up the back of the heater box. it's not far... 5-6" from the bottom edge of the heater box.

the rest is fairly trivial, but i'd recommend removing passenger seat & rear seats. maybe 30-45mins work. so much more room to work.

made a false floor to the boot as well to mount the audio it. not bolted to the car and just an interference fit:

this was the original install but has since changed a lot. removed the various quick connections as they caused issues but kept the power distro blocks. also upgraded to the Audison APBX 10 slim sub with fits perfectly on the right side of the amps for a fully concealed install. vastly better than my ancient vibe blackair evo box taking up the boot.

nickb913 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 10:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks Veehex that's what I had thought. The cable I'm fitting looks to be bigger than the one you have used and is a pain fitting through small grommets.

Will have another bash at it this week and hopefully all goes smoothly, the rest of the car looks great for cable routing unlike my insignia before.

BTW nice (amp) rack

Looks like I'm doing something similar to you with the amp rack but my sub is going to be boxed in where the o.e goes (possibly fiberglass or mdf but not got that far yet lol) .

Cheers
Nick

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 11:21
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
yeah, looks like your running far more power than i am.my JBL amp is 4x60w, pioneer for the sub around 400w ('woofer limited). I went with the smallest/cheapest wiring kit there was. A single 60amp fuse rings a bell from the battery +.

I dont recall it being so tight that i could see you having issues with even twice the size cable, so you should be good.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 11:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Total draw is around 75amp max, nothing overkill I'm not going for mad spl levels I just like my sq.

Off this week for a couple of days so should hopefully get it done (fingers crossed).

Thanks again Veehex

Cheers
Nick

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2018, 08:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thought I would give a wee update for anyone interested.

Rain has stopped all plans from last week however this Sunday looks like it might be alright weather so will hopefully have another bash at it then and fingers crossed it will work.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 13:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Update time...

Finally managed to get it sorted through the same grommet as Veehex's pic above, bit of a pain but a bike gear change cable and plenty of greese.

On another note cables are easy to run into the doors compared to my insignia and astra before and there is plenty of room for cable management down the chassis.

Bartekkk likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page