Mirror link - Car Mode App - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2018, 20:39 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 1.8 SE + Navi Auto Blk
Garage
Cool Mirror link - Car Mode App

Good evening.

I've just upgraded my phone to a Samsung S9 and plugged it into my 2016 civic via USB and my mirror link is now working.

This never worked with my previous S6 phone. However. It loads an app called Car Mode app and it shows a nice fancy screen on the in car screen which seems to work although a bit glitchy .

One thing that I cannot get working properly is when you press the microphone on the screen and when you try to say Play 'whatever song' it can never hear me.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what's wrong?

Many thanks

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 18:55

Car: 2016 CR-V EX 1.6 i-dtec auto
Interesting.

My Galaxy Note 4 works ok with mirrorlink, so would have thought the S6 would have worked, but you never know as mirrorlink can be odd to say the least at times. What os did the S6 run? The Note 4 runs v6 Marshmallow.

Regarding the voice command, does it work when you use it on the phone whilst connected?

Is there any option to enable the microphone on the phone when connected and does the phone have to be near you to accept your voice?

Thanks

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 21:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 1.8 SE + Navi Auto Blk
Garage
Hi Peter. Thanks for your answer. The 6 was on Android OS 7.0 and the S9 on Android OS 8.0.

I take it when you say voice command you mean the inbuilt Phone app . I haven't tried that but will when I'm next in my car.

I have looked through all the options on my phone and the Head unit but can't see anything there for the microphone. The phone sits in the centre console so if that was the microphone it should hear me.

My car is in for its second service next week so will mention it to the Honda dealer to see if they know that answer.

Regards

Mark

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 21:40

Hi Mark

The S6 should have worked on Android 7 as it is a mirrorlink supported phone. You need to have a mirrorlink enabled app on the phone otherwise it will not connect, so that could be the problem if there wasn't a mirrorlink app installed. Car mode probably wasn't around in S6 times. There's a list of mirrorlink enabled apps on the mirrorlink website (mirrorlink.com). Some good, some not so good.

Yes, I mean the phone's microphone as against the car microphone.

Regards

Peter
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 5th December 2018, 07:08

Samsung Car Mode app still has a few issues. Maybe yours is one of those. Check out the app reviews on Google Play. Most seem to be about navigation/Google maps/Waze but I did notice some about Spotify/Facebook/WhatsApp.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page