Alarm all windows down with alarm blaring - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve_m

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 11:25 Thread Starter
gmp

all windows down with alarm blaring

I was in my garage when I heard an alarm going off thought it was distant neighbours and chose to ignore it, it kept going off and went to investigate - it was my car (on my drive)all the windows were down and the alarm was blaring away until I did something on the remote key . I don't know how it occurred, I had previously locked it as normal - I have tried to make it happen again using the remote but couldn't get it to repeat the possible problem! ,so can anyone else advise me please (other than going to the dealer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 12:39
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
All I can think of is, did you accidentally sit on the keyfob indoors to trigger some combination that drops all the windows ?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th December 2018, 12:54

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
Pressing unlock once and then twice and holding will open all the windows.

Once the windows are open, the car will then auto relock if a door is not opened and re-arm alarm the ultrasonics can then set the alarm off.

Lock and Lock and hold will close the windows.
Bones126 likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th December 2018, 12:03 Thread Starter
gmp
** Thread starter **

thanks for response, have not tried that sequence yet, but am concerned that it will accidently happen again when I have parked the car and walked away!(I still don't know how I could unknowingly set it off has been suggested - especially when the key fob was in my pocket), but thanks again

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page