Other Auto wiper not working - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve_m
  • 1 Post By Steven_1292

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th December 2018, 08:54 Thread Starter

Auto wiper not working

Hi i was wonder if anyone could help me i just got a second hand handa civic 2012 2.2 i-dtec mk9 and the auto wiper won't work i have tried turning the sensitivity all the way up and when i pour water on the windscreen it does nothing it only does the first sweep when i first turn it onto auto or adjust the sensitivity up i have had the sensor off and noticed that the silicone gel pad that sits between the sensor and glass was not on there so my question is would this cause the wipers to not sens rain when it hits the window and if i need a gel pad how do i fit it on do i fit it to the sensor first or the window is both sides of the pad adhesive or just one side thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th December 2018, 09:49
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Have you tried spraying water droplets from a hand sprayer onto the screen. I think pouring water on it won't work as that's not droplets like rain?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th December 2018, 10:23

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
If there is not silicone pad then that is the reason your auto wipers donít work, it needs that direct contact with the screen to work. The pad is applied to the sensor and the the sensor if put onto the screeen. Has the car had a replacement screen perhaps and thatís where the pad has gone?
M8TJT likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th December 2018, 11:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yes i tried spraying water too but nothing happened i think car has had a replacement screen and someone has not done the work correctly as the sensor was not even clip on right at one end but yeah definitely no pad there just the black screen bit on the sensor with no gel pad and no pad on window so looks like someone has changed screen over without replacing the pad i order the gel pad 38972-T0A-003 from the dealers so just waiting on it coming in then i will apply it thanks for helping me out
Kremmen likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th December 2018, 13:36

Car: 2012 1.4 i-vtec 5door
I had the same problem, auto wipers not working, i went to glass service they changed the pad gel with new one and now is ok. I paid just 9.35Ä

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page