2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Android Auto On Android 4.1+

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  coolice 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Doubt you can say it does what it was designed for.
We are now on RC8 update to try to cure faults and it still has problems.
But .....
As a radio, works ok.
Plays music ok.
Displays driving info ok.
Bluetooth/hft works for some, phone dependent.
Wifi works ok but even Honda garage told me don't use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time as it can crash unit and stop hft working.
Garmin been improved for some but latest maps have caused issues. Garmin released 2019.0 back in July 2018 (notification on Garmin Express) but Honda didn't release to public until December 2018 and even then was initially faulty and out of date maps.

New vehicles are now 4.2.2 (still old o/s) and a different manufacturer.
Suppose, on 4.0.4 unit, if you only want to listen to the radio or play music then it's fine, and this is the market Honda have probably aimed at.

#5 ·
Does Android 4.2.2 actually address any of the problems that you have listed above?
Garmin maps are not really anything to do with Android, and it was Honda that screwed up the update , not Android.

But I suppose if you say that 4.2.2 is the 'magic bullet' to fix all the Honda woes, then it's a pity we are still running 4.0.4. However, I feel certain that if it did, then Honda would have updated.

Are you sure that it is Android that is causing the problem or the systems that Honda have 'hung off' it? Hence RC8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.