Add-on nav Mirror link, iPhone 8 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th February 2019, 00:02 Thread Starter

Mirror link, iPhone 8

Hi guys, I’ve looked around but can’t find a exactly what I am looking for on here, so apologies if it’s here somewhere but I’ve missed it.
My car
Civic 2016 without navigation, android version 4.0.4, it’s just had the latest software update in December I’m almost sure the guy from Honda told me it’s now at RC8,
My question is, if it’s possible what do I need to be able to view what’s on my mobile phone (iPhone 8 on the latest iOS) on my media screen, basically as I don’t have sat nav I want to be able to use my phones sat nav an see it on my cars media screen, reading up on it I can’t seem to find a direct answer, I’ve tried via hdmi cable with WiFi miracast and iPhone cable, it comes up with a additional swipe screen on the media but then comes up unable to connect to smartphones, when you select source it shows HDMI IN, I’ve also tried a lightning HDMI AV adapter, am I doing something wrong? Or do I need some other hardware?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th February 2019, 07:59

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
I also tried to mirrorlink my phone (LG G6 Android) but without success, the smartphone suggests me an app from LG for the mirrorlink but I just get 3 icons on the screen that are pretty useless at all, I also tried with an HDMI cable but still nothing, I think mirrorlink just doesn't work also because in the remote case it worked with an HDMI cable you still won't use anything because HDMI deactivates for safety while you move and I don't think anything like HondaPermission will work to avoid that.

A good infotaiment on this car would be awesome but since it's stuck on that elder android from the paleozoic possibilities are very limited.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th February 2019, 09:15

Car: 2016 CR-V EX 1.6 i-dtec auto
Mirrorlink will not work unless you have a dedicated mirrorlink app installed. Check your App Store for available ones.
For navigation, Sygic Car Navigation works, it's a bit clunky and expensive but they do have offers on every so often. You get something like a 7 day trial with the premium features. After that it will still work (sort of) on your phone but will not mirrorlink to the hu.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th February 2019, 08:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for your help guys, thinks it’s going to be easier to just slap a TomTom or something on the front wind screen!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th February 2019, 08:50
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Why bother with a dedicated gps?

Just use your phone.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th February 2019, 08:20

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
Yeah, in my opinion TomTom's and dedicated gps are totally useless these days, my friend got a TomTom months ago and ended up on a country road because it had no clues about an entire new road that got built one year ago, the road was totally missing even with the latest updates.

Maps is just 200% times better than any other gps, one day maybe I'll be able to make it work properly on this car
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th February 2019, 13:01
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Have a look through some of the third party app threads; You can just install a GPS application on the stock headunit - Non Navi connect units still have a GPS.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page