Airbag Light - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th February 2019, 18:18 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 1.6 DTEC EX
Airbag Light

Hello all,

2013 1.6DTEC EX. My Airbag light came on today and won't go out. The info message comes up on the main screen with the Airbag Icon and the red icon is on permanently on the dash.

It came on when I put some items on the passenger seat (Tesco!) and when I fastened my seat belt.
I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins and am looking for the fuse location to see if this has blown (I read it was position 11 but my 11 was empty so re-reading manual as we speak) but any other ideas?

I've read an 8G fix to short a part of the fusebox to get up the service menu, is this the same for 9G?

Thanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 09:18
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Is your passenger airbag on or off? (Key switch inside passenger door, open to access)

It may be worth switching the airbag itself off, try a quick battery pull, then reconnect battery, then turn on the passenger airbag.

If not, you'll most likely need a HDS to find the fault, as to memory I haven't seen a foil trick for the 9G as yet.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 17:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks, I took it and had the code read. Passenger airbag open or something like that. Reconnected and disconnected a few times and tried to clear the fault through HDS but it just wouldn't clear. I've just tried the same with Passenger Airbag off and still no joy.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 17:51
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
May be worth checking the connections under the passenger seat; to my knowledge, the weight sensor on the seat usually needs to be activated for the passenger airbag to fire (to minimise detonations in event of an accident)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2019, 15:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi All,

Just to close the loop. I had it re-read at a different place. It did indeed say the same thing about passenger airbag open. However, to make himself more comfortable, he moved the drivers seat forward while he was sat in it and the light went off. Moving the seat backwards and forwards tunred the light on and off and we therefore diagnosed it as a drivers seat airbag connector. Now been replaced and all ok.

Probably a LHD / RHD thing on the scanners.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2019, 18:08
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunited View Post
Hi All,

Just to close the loop. I had it re-read at a different place. It did indeed say the same thing about passenger airbag open. However, to make himself more comfortable, he moved the drivers seat forward while he was sat in it and the light went off. Moving the seat backwards and forwards tunred the light on and off and we therefore diagnosed it as a drivers seat airbag connector. Now been replaced and all ok.

Probably a LHD / RHD thing on the scanners.
I had very similar thing with my sons leon
showed up as pasanger side but after chopping the plug on drivers side and hard wirring it solved the issue
apparently very common fault on vag cars
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th February 2019, 21:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
I had very similar thing with my sons leon
showed up as pasanger side but after chopping the plug on drivers side and hard wirring it solved the issue
apparently very common fault on vag cars
Lesson learnt for next time for me. Forget which hand it says.......

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page