No sound after new stereo with CarPlay install? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th March 2019, 19:32 Thread Starter

Question No sound after new stereo with CarPlay install?

Hey everyone,

I'm losing hope on this one.

I have a 2013 Honda Civic Automatic. It had a multimedia system built in but felt dated and I'd hoped to install a CarPlay unit.

I took the car to a professional and they installed the new HU, harness and custom wires I'd bought online.
The rear view camera doesn't work (although I can live without).

But the biggest problem is that there's no sound. I've since taken it to 2 other professionals (1 who bought a custom kit from the US) and the sound still didn't work. I'm being told it's a problem with the AMP. I'm not particularly technical when it comes to cars but I'd assumed it was just plug and go.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I've about 3 times the cost of the radio unit on failed installs and I'm not sure what to do next.

I guess last resort is just installing the old radio.

Any help would be so appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st March 2019, 17:50

Car: 2016 CR-V EX 1.6 i-dtec auto
You won't get any sound. Read on another post that you need to find amp and connect wires from speakers to new unit, so missing out amp. Need to find out which wires are to which speakers and polarity. Thought the professionals would have known this.

Last edited by hatter; 22nd March 2019 at 10:12.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2019, 19:18 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Ah ok. I’ll see if I can find any info on how to do that.

I managed to get the radio panels out today and it seems that even the reverse detector cable has been cut.

I think I’m going to start again with this one and buy the cables and converters fresh so I know exactly what I have and what needs connecting.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2019, 00:11

Car: 2016 CR-V EX 1.6 i-dtec auto
If you do a search you'll find the post. It gives some advice. Can't remember if it was on the crv or hrv or Civic. Sorry about that.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
sound , stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page