My install Pioneer/connects2 issue - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By motil

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2019, 11:36 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 2.2 Sport Business Mode
Pioneer/connects2 issue

Good afternoon. I recently bought a Civic tourer (2014 1.8). I installed a Pioneer F9770BT and rearviewcamera to replace the stock radio. I used a Connects2 kit. Now I have a problem with the very bad sounds but I can' figure out what went wrong.
I hooked it up and tested. It seemend that the speaker in the rightdoor had no input. It disassembled all the plugs and one of the small metal pins in the plug was a bit off. i bent it straight again and hooked everything up. It worked hoorah. A assembled the dashboard again and now I have sound on all speakers but a lot of sqeecking and cracking .
Does anybody have any idea what can cause this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th August 2019, 07:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Nevermind. I found out myself.

If anyone else has this problem: Several pins in the speakerplug were a little bend (again). By bending it straight again the problem was solved.
M8TJT likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th August 2019, 03:06

How much did this replacement cost you all up? Do your steering wheel controls still work and if so did you do that wiring yourself?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th August 2019, 09:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I did the wiring myself. It's a fairly easy job. The " kit" I used was from connects2 type CTKHD06L (note, this is for the left hand drivers) and was about 100 pounds. The steeringwheel controls work aswell. You will lose the phonecontrols though.
I also installed a new backupcamera because the original one works on a different voltage and will not work with the pioneer. I used a Pioneercamera but there are others u can use. mine was about 50 pounds.
The costs for the radio/navigationunit are up to you ofcourse. i used a good as new Pioneer F9770BT. In total for the complete swap it was around 250-300 pounds.

If you want to know how to do it look on youtube for "connects civic" They have a very good and simple video which shows what panels you have to remove and how. Good luck!

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Tags
connects2 , double din , navigation , pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in