2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Custom sealed subwoofer

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  diadulia 
#1 ·
So after some research decided im gonna go ahead and build myself a sealed sub inside boot on drivers side.
Wanted more bass, factory look, not to loose space in boot and still have space saver spare wheel. Not sure if link for picture will work, if not then feel free and have a look at my GARAGE car folder if interested.

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/diadulia-albums-civic-picture40552-img-20191103-162459.jpg

Main materials used:
* 4,5litres of polyester resin
* 5 sq metres of fiberglass matt
* Focal 25a4 sub 10" (200w rms/400wpeak)

* Pioneer Gm-d8701 amp
* 4awg wiring kit
* 12mm chipboard for rings to mount sub

* Carpet to wrap it in/ blend in.

Total price for all this pleasure was shy of £300. Took me few weeks to do it, jugling between other things. All in about 14hrs of labour as first time done it, just after watching tons of youtube videos.

Added so much more bass so was well worth it for me.

Anyone wanting to do simmilar mod feel free to ask questions will try to help.

See less See more
#8 ·
200w rms/400w peak power is more than enough for me. Just wanted to have more deep base. And still adds a bit of punch to back / massage seats.:grin2: If you after something that would be heard a mile away, then need more powerfull sub for it and bigger box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.