9th gen es iPhone playlist - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th August 2012, 15:15 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 1.8 SE Plus
9th gen es iPhone playlist

Hello boys and girls. Just picked up my new shiny es, it's all very lovey. However, my iPhone is all connected up and works as expected. I was also supprised to learn it can stream music from your iPhone to car.

However, i can't seem to see what song is playing on the dash screen. I assume this is not a supported feature?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th August 2012, 19:29
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky36 View Post
Hello boys and girls. Just picked up my new shiny es, it's all very lovey. However, my iPhone is all connected up and works as expected. I was also supprised to learn it can stream music from your iPhone to car.

However, i can't seem to see what song is playing on the dash screen. I assume this is not a supported feature?
Yep, not supported

Not sure if this an iPhone thing or the software in the car.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th August 2012, 19:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Its odd. Given that it connects, plays and skips tracks and show what phone is paired you would think it could show the track name

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th August 2012, 00:49

Car: 2017 SR CVT
When a USB is plugged in I get all the titles and singers names both on the iMid and satnav screen.

I thought I had the same with Bluetooth on my iPhone 3GS running os5 but need to double check. When listening to radio recordings (iPhone app) it shows all the details of the programme being listened to or being played back.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th August 2012, 07:03
Bog
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
When listening to radio recordings (iPhone app) it shows all the details of the programme being listened to or being played back.
When the iphone is plugged in via USB?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th August 2012, 07:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I am sure in the owners manual it's shows the song on screen. I need to look again
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th August 2012, 12:25

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
When the iphone is plugged in via USB?
Why would anyone plug their phone in other than to charge the battery? Bluetooth just works for everything and every iPhone audio app accesses the satnav and iMid screen to display its information. If I had no Bluetooth I would connect the phone via the aux socket which gives the same features.

I have duplicated all my music onto a USB which I leave connected permanently. All song information is displayed. I now just switch between iPhone, USB and radio. I have not needed the aux yet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th August 2012, 12:53
Bog
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Why would anyone plug their phone in other than to charge the battery? Bluetooth just works for everything and every iPhone audio app accesses the satnav and iMid screen to display its information. If I had no Bluetooth I would connect the phone via the aux socket which gives the same features.

I have duplicated all my music onto a USB which I leave connected permanently. All song information is displayed. I now just switch between iPhone, USB and radio. I have not needed the aux yet.
I acutally leave my old iPod Touch in connected to the USB and have a 16gb USB key with every 'Now' album on it... more the enough music (I have not even added any CD's to HDD yet lol.... Music overkill)

Not sure what you mean by connecting to aux socket? Only the USB port allows data transfer to the HU

My iphone is connected by an Apple AV lead to a USB charger under the dash and to the AV ports in the armrest (L,R and Video)... This allows me to play my iphone music/videos through the HU (Even more music lol)

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page