Rear Parking Sensors - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 18th February 2013, 23:42 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8 EX, Black
Garage
Rear Parking Sensors

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Honda to fit rear parking sensors to a 9G EX? And also how much? Although I have the parking camera i've found i've come dangerously close to reversing into other cars due to still not getting the hang of looking at the camera, rear mirror and wing mirrors.

Annoying they've decided to add sensors to the EX on the 2013 models, as I think they should have been there to start with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 18th February 2013, 23:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Ok, scratch that. I've just had a proper look through the website and they've got them listed....for 535 fitted! Maybe i'll just live with it...

New Honda Civic 2012 | Book Test Drive | Specification, Finance & Information
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 19th February 2013, 00:36

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Rear Parking Sensors

The UK reverse sensors, as far as I'm aware, integrate with the iMid, which are quite expensive. There is another type which is non-integrated (still a Honda part though) which just beeps (don't know if those are available in UK though). I have this type as the iMid one is not available to me.

Another option is to get them done aftermarket. Some places can get the sensors colour coded to match your paint. Only problem with aftermarket (some brands) is that the beepers can be hard to hear and some sensors only beep when close to an object (insufficient operating range).
Thanks to Vti07 from:

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 19th February 2013, 07:44
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honciv View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Honda to fit rear parking sensors to a 9G EX? And also how much? Although I have the parking camera i've found i've come dangerously close to reversing into other cars due to still not getting the hang of looking at the camera, rear mirror and wing mirrors.

Annoying they've decided to add sensors to the EX on the 2013 models, as I think they should have been there to start with.
I was lucky enough to get the rear sensors FOC as part of the deal...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 13:14 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H View Post
I was lucky enough to get the rear sensors FOC as part of the deal...
I should have tried to do the same in hindsight.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 13:16 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
The UK reverse sensors, as far as I'm aware, integrate with the iMid, which are quite expensive. There is another type which is non-integrated (still a Honda part though) which just beeps (don't know if those are available in UK though). I have this type as the iMid one is not available to me.

Another option is to get them done aftermarket. Some places can get the sensors colour coded to match your paint. Only problem with aftermarket (some brands) is that the beepers can be hard to hear and some sensors only beep when close to an object (insufficient operating range).
If I were to get them I'd definitely want them integrated into the iMid. Not for that money though!

I may call the dealer and see if I can do a bit of bargaining, as I also want to get the mudguards.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 14:11
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
The MY13 has also got them on the front as well.

I've been scanning the manual to see if I can turn the front ones off independently but it doesn't look like it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 14:16 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post

I've been scanning the manual to see if I can turn the front ones off independently but it doesn't look like it.
If i'd have known they would do that I would have waiting the extra month. Oh well.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 15:23
Administrator

The one item that made me wait was the iMid.

I've checked the manual and you can indeed now rotate round the functions on the 'fuel screen' on the iMid ala 8G

According to the manual you have 4 main options :
  • Audio/HFT display
  • Full Size Analogue Clock
  • Blank Screen
  • Fuel Consumption
Within Fuel Consumption is:
  • Tank Range
  • Elapsed Time
  • Average Speed
  • Average Fuel
A quick press just rotates round the main 4. Once on the Fuel Consumption screen you hold down the Info button for a few seconds and the secondary sub option starts to flash, whilst flashing you can rotate round the secondary set with a single click.

Once you are where you want to be, stop pressing and after a few seconds of inactivity it will stop flashing and your set.

The one drawback I have noticed is that you can't display both total vehicle mileage and either of the Trip meters. It's total mileage or Trip A or Trip B.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 20:46
Supporter

Quote:

I think you can...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th February 2013, 07:50
Administrator

All I can see mentioned is a switch down by the headlight beam adjuster to turn the rears off/on.

I'll find out Friday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll have little use for the fronts' because I always reverse park. Also don't want them going off in the garage before I open the doors.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th February 2013, 08:56
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
All I can see mentioned is a switch down by the headlight beam adjuster to turn the rears off/on.

I'll find out Friday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll have little use for the fronts' because I always reverse park. Also don't want them going off in the garage before I open the doors.
The fronts will drive you mental until you get used to them lol... never had a car that beeps and bongs so much... IRC can turn them off independently, but not sure how. I know a long posh of the button turns both front and rear off.
Thanks to Bog from:
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th February 2013, 23:06

Car: 2018 10th Gen Civic 1.0 T
Quote:
The one item that made me wait was the iMid.

I've checked the manual and you can indeed now rotate round the functions on the 'fuel screen' on the iMid ala 8G

According to the manual you have 4 main options :
  • Audio/HFT display
  • Full Size Analogue Clock
  • Blank Screen
  • Fuel Consumption
Within Fuel Consumption is:

• Tank Range
  • Elapsed Time
  • Average Speed
  • Average Fuel
A quick press just rotates round the main 4. Once on the Fuel Consumption screen you hold down the Info button for a few seconds and the secondary sub option starts to flash, whilst flashing you can rotate round the secondary set with a single click.

Once you are where you want to be, stop pressing and after a few seconds of inactivity it will stop flashing and your set.

The one drawback I have noticed is that you can't display both total vehicle mileage and either of the Trip meters. It's total mileage or Trip A or Trip B.

I cannot replicate this on my iMid in my 9th gen civic, as soon as I press to hold the i button the screen changes to the next??
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th February 2013, 00:16

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Thei iMid 2013 seems exactly the same as the original 2012 version. I can see no difference.

Having parking sensors that show a graphic on the iMid is also not worth the money. I look at where I am reversing etc not at a screen with a graphic flashing. If Honda sell a kit without the iMid link up then that is the one to go for.

The front sensors are just a waste of space. They don't work when driving alongside a low diffcult to see wall/object they only beep when someone walks accross the front of the car or a car pulls up alongside at the traffic lights. There is also a bright orange LCD on a switch that never goes off unless you turn all sensors off. Sometimes there are so mant beeps and bongs sounding it is just crazy. I will not be having front parking sensors on a Honda again.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th February 2013, 07:30
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Thei iMid 2013 seems exactly the same as the original 2012 version. I can see no difference.

Having parking sensors that show a graphic on the iMid is also not worth the money. I look at where I am reversing etc not at a screen with a graphic flashing. If Honda sell a kit without the iMid link up then that is the one to go for.

The front sensors are just a waste of space. They don't work when driving alongside a low diffcult to see wall/object they only beep when someone walks accross the front of the car or a car pulls up alongside at the traffic lights. There is also a bright orange LCD on a switch that never goes off unless you turn all sensors off. Sometimes there are so mant beeps and bongs sounding it is just crazy. I will not be having front parking sensors on a Honda again.
There is a big difference in that the My2012 can only rotate round the 4 main options.
The MY2013 has been 'fixed' so that when you are on the Fuel screen you can now rotate round the sub options, whilst on the move, and not have to dive into the settings whilst stopped.

This solves my original scenario:

If the low fuel warning appears, I will be able to quickly switch to 'tank range' whilst still on the move - ala 8G

Regarding the front sensors, I notice that only the manual transmission disables them when the handbrake is on! Other than that if anything gets to within 2 feet then I'm going to be beeped at

Last edited by Kremmen; 26th February 2013 at 07:45.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th February 2013, 17:31

Car: 2013 1.4 sport white orchid
Quote:
There is a big difference in that the My2012 can only rotate round the 4 main options.
The MY2013 has been 'fixed' so that when you are on the Fuel screen you can now rotate round the sub options, whilst on the move, and not have to dive into the settings whilst stopped.

If the low fuel warning appears, I will be able to quickly switch to 'tank range' whilst still on the move - ala 8G
that is done with some update?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th February 2013, 20:05
Supporter

Quote:

Regarding the front sensors, I notice that only the manual transmission disables them when the handbrake is on! Other than that if anything gets to within 2 feet then I'm going to be beeped at
Note for NH Dan, is this a software update available to 2012 cars?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 27th February 2013, 07:29
Administrator

I'm sure Dan posted a while back that this could not be implemented later.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page