Trip computer/menu system ????? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2013, 22:27 Thread Starter

Car: 9th gen ES polished metallic
Trip computer/menu system ?????

Hi guys,

Picked up my Civic ES this last week and really happy with it. Think I've figured out how to work everything, apart from the trip computer/menu system.

Can you not simply scroll through avg fuel/range/elapsed time etc without having to go into the menu system and change it to a specific one. Had a look at the manual but no success

Cheers

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2013, 23:26
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8 EX GT Man Alabaster
Is it a 2012 or 2013 Civic as each year is different.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2013, 23:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 9th gen ES polished metallic
2013 es civic

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th March 2013, 07:50
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
It's in the manual:

Once you are on the Instant Fuel display, press and hold the Info button. After a few seconds it will cause the sub menu option on the iMid to start flashing. Once it's flashing you can then scroll round the sub options till you find the one you want. Once there, stop pressing and after another few seconds it will stop flashing.

One other thing I found in the MY13 manual:

If you get the low fuel warning then there is an automatic display of your tank range on the iMid. Not sure if the MY12 had this ?
Thanks to Kremmen from:
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 16:04
Supporter

Car: 2012 2.2 EX GT Crystal Black
Kremmen.
I don't think it has. Only run my low enough on a couple of occasions, and I never noticed it on the I mid.
Pleased so far?
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 16:21
Administrator

Have you got a MY13 ?

I definitely spotted it in the manual. What I'll do at the weekend is scan the iMid change and that range thing.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 16:33
Supporter

No. Bought mine early June last year.
I have noticed that it always seems to display the range left on the Sat Nav screen, so I keep my I mid showing average consumption. Personal preference I suppose.
I do miss the opportunity to easily scroll like the 8th gen, but living with it as the overall improvements compensate.

Don't forget to update your profile from a 2009 to a 2013!
Thank You to Alwaysblack from 2 Users:
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 17:08
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Always - Krem has correctly explained the main difference between the 2012 and 2013 IMID display on the SE/ES specs, if you have the 'T' spec or EX/EX GT things differ slightly as they have the sat nav that also delivers similar info
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 6th March 2013, 07:39
Administrator

My manual - page 84:

I read this that the tank range comes on automatically ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Low Fuel.jpg (78.5 KB, 396 views)
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 6th March 2013, 17:16
Supporter

Kremmen.
Same page as mine but on yours, they have added a further little paragraph for the "Low Fuel Indicator" regarding the additional message re mileage left!

If I knew how to add a little thumbnail picture, I would be able to show you the difference!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 7th March 2013, 00:27

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8, White Pearl
You guys imported a image to the i-mid yet?
I tried this today and it looks great, however it's just a replacement for the Clock screen (not a real background image) I'm afraid.
I guess it's a half hearted but kinda nice way to implement some personal touch to it
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 7th March 2013, 07:32
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysblack View Post
Kremmen.
Same page as mine but on yours, they have added a further little paragraph for the "Low Fuel Indicator" regarding the additional message re mileage left!

If I knew how to add a little thumbnail picture, I would be able to show you the difference!
I checked the difference before posting because I have the MY12 manual in PDF form. The 'range' popup is a new feature.

ps; I've also included a scan of the new iMid display page:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-gene...re-update.html

Last edited by Kremmen; 7th March 2013 at 08:08.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12th March 2013, 23:40
Supporter

Right guys had a look at this with Steve and what was mentioned above we've tried and with no success.

It seems you have to actually go into the menu system to change it. Why would they do this. On my fn2 you can simply scroll though them all and reset With the info button and select/reset buttons one steering wheel.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 13th March 2013, 08:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigieboy902 View Post
Right guys had a look at this with Steve and what was mentioned above we've tried and with no success.

It seems you have to actually go into the menu system to change it. Why would they do this. On my fn2 you can simply scroll though them all and reset With the info button and select/reset buttons one steering wheel.
The above only applies to the MY13, follow the (Civic 2012 software update) link in my post above to see the MY13 manual regarding rolling round the iMid options whilst on the move.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 00:28
Supporter

Getting a bit confused with what to do here and what my12 and my13 are. It's a registered 13 plate ES civic. Had a look at the pic on the other page about the 2012 update and my hand book is diffrent to that one. Also holding the button does nothing except flick to the next source ie radio or clock.

Maybe they have taken his feature away.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 08:21

MY13 refers to when it was made, not when it was registered. I think Kremmen insisted he received a MY13 car because of the improvements to the iMID. If you can't scroll through the trip computer functions and your handbook matches, chances are you have a MY12. I read on a different thread that there is no update available either for us with MY12 cars. Ah well. If you want to be sure, I think the model year is contained in the VIN somehow, but you'll need someone who knows a bit more than me to tell you what to look for.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 08:32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilrights View Post
MY13 refers to when it was made, not when it was registered. I think Kremmen insisted he received a MY13 car because of the improvements to the iMID. If you can't scroll through the trip computer functions and your handbook matches, chances are you have a MY12. I read on a different thread that there is no update available either for us with MY12 cars. Ah well. If you want to be sure, I think the model year is contained in the VIN somehow, but you'll need someone who knows a bit more than me to tell you what to look for.
Not sure if this still works but you could try this HondaBG.com :: welcome
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 08:42
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by civilrights View Post
You are right, the only way to tell is the VIN number and the trip fuctions on the i-MID. The only changes to MY13's are some slight changes to model specs, addition of DAB to some models and updated i-MID software.

I have also emailed Honda UK and stated I think they should offer the i-MID updates to MY12 owners. I'm sure they will come out with some rubbish that they can't... but in reality won't spend a small amount of money creating a software update or just expect us to buy a newer model

Honda need to learn from Ford who are re positioning themselves as a tech company as well as a car maker. They realise that due to the smartphone revolution, average people are more switched on to tech and expect better connectivity in the car combined with easy to use interfaces.

Ford and Chrysler offer retrospective updates to their in car media/information systems just like Apple/Android do for previous phone models. No one is asking them to support forever, but producing an update for cars that have only been on the market for a year is not too much to ask

Plus Mr Honda... It's a small thing that generates brand loyalty and goodwill!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 08:53
Administrator

If you go to page 107 of your manual, does it show a simple 4 picture rotation pattern ?

If so then I think you've been given a MY12, which Honda did say they were doing to move existing stock. As correctly stated above, I insisted on a MY13 or no deal and the dealer managed to get Honda to release one early (or that's what I was told).

My page 107 is in post #20 here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-gene...re-update.html
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 11:27

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8, White Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
You are right, the only way to tell is the VIN number and the trip fuctions on the i-MID. The only changes to MY13's are some slight changes to model specs, addition of DAB to some models and updated i-MID software.

I have also emailed Honda UK and stated I think they should offer the i-MID updates to MY12 owners. I'm sure they will come out with some rubbish that they can't... but in reality won't spend a small amount of money creating a software update or just expect us to buy a newer model

Honda need to learn from Ford who are re positioning themselves as a tech company as well as a car maker. They realise that due to the smartphone revolution, average people are more switched on to tech and expect better connectivity in the car combined with easy to use interfaces.

Ford and Chrysler offer retrospective updates to their in car media/information systems just like Apple/Android do for previous phone models. No one is asking them to support forever, but producing an update for cars that have only been on the market for a year is not too much to ask

Plus Mr Honda... It's a small thing that generates brand loyalty and goodwill!
Can we get something going with this?
If more people e-mail them or if we make a list of some sort of people that agrees with this?
I agree with what you are saying 100% and by saying - These car manufacturers got better support then you on this matter and that it doesn't cost them alot + customers will be more happy - then maybe they will listen?

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Electronics and ICE (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page