Engine sound of 1.6 i-DTEC paired with 9AT - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th July 2019, 19:45 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 5d 1.6 i-DTEC
Eco display Eco display
Engine sound of 1.6 i-DTEC paired with 9AT

Hi All,

I took a delivery of my new 10g 4g 1.6 9AT and I noticed that 1.6 can be almost constantly heard as this kind of quiet chirping type of sound in the background in the cabin. Chirping is probably not the best word but if this sound is the way 10g with 1.6 and 9AT sounds you will know what I am talking about

I am asking as I know very well 1.6 from 9G (100k km) and it was dead quiet in 85% of situations and could not be almost at all heard in the cabin (other then reves in 2k+ range and 1st and 2nd gear maybe and of course on cold engine). While 1.6 in my 10g with 9AT can be heard all the time as this chirping like sound in the background)

How is yours?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th July 2019, 20:19
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Can you tape the sound and post it. Do a walk round with engine running then get in and go for a run so we can try and hear it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to Red Dwarf from:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th July 2019, 20:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dwarf View Post
Can you tape the sound and post it. Do a walk round with engine running then get in and go for a run so we can try and hear it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th July 2019, 12:49

Isn't the chirping sound coming from the air-conditioning? It is in mine. Check if it disappear when turning the AC off manually.
In my Civic, I will change the tube according to service info on Tuesday 30th of July, but I have also asked them to check the chirping sound. My impression is that it has increased during the first year. I will reply!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th July 2019, 20:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRy View Post
Isn't the chirping sound coming from the air-conditioning? It is in mine. Check if it disappear when turning the AC off manually.
In my Civic, I will change the tube according to service info on Tuesday 30th of July, but I have also asked them to check the chirping sound. My impression is that it has increased during the first year. I will reply!

Is your 9AT version? If so can you hear the engine when you maintain the speed by holding in accelerator a bit?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 30th July 2019, 15:37

I have a 10th generation. Today, the suction hose chamber was changed free of charge, according to the service bulletin. At the same time, they empty the system from refrigerant, 285 gram. Refilled with 400 gram. The system was missing 115 gram for some reason. Normally, the loss should be 40-45 gram / year.
The chirping sound is gone. The future will tell me if I have a small leak, or missing refrigerant already from delivery.
Thanks to LaRy from:

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Engines and Transmission (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page