2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

I-shift clutch replaced

Transmission 
18K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  r.kelly 
#1 ·
Hello.

Yesterday i changed the clutch on my civic (i-shift) because the judder was really annoying. Also the TCM was changed two years ago (because was broken in a little accident). So, all the transmission is pretty new now.
But after this clutch replacement, although the car change gears ok and there are no longer jerks, I have a problem:

Before the replacement when i lifted the foot from the brake the car was moving only by the clutch torque (without using the throttle), very useful when parking or when driving bumper to bumper.
But now when i release the brake and the clutch engages, the car shows no sign at all that of moving, being necessary to press the accelerator.
Can somehow adjust the clutch to accelerate a little more? (As it did before the change). Maybe from software (dynamic learning) or adjusting the clutch?
Thanks.

#2 ·
Same issue. After about 1000-1500 kms on new clutch the car does seem to move without having to step on the throttle as soon as it is put in gear, but I still feel there has been a loss of power on acceleration from how much the car used to pull on the old clutch. Have you experienced anything similar?

#4 ·
Now, after another static/dynamic learning procedure and after some hundreds of km, the car moves only by the clutch torque. It's ok, but i hate this gearbox because it's very slow and when it comes from 2nd gear to 1st gear, it's annoying. I drive mostly in manual mode, because the auto mode is very frustrating.

#7 ·
Same here. I realised that this type of transmission (robotized one, with actuator and manual transmission clutch) is the most jerky and slowest transmission. I prefer the conventional one with torque converter or a dual clutch gearbox. No wonder that Honda drop out this type in favor of a conventional one.
@lightningslow, i changed the gearbox fluid also, and the actuator was replaced 2 years ago. Now the gearbox works as it was new, but i dislike it because it not as comfortable and quick as the other transmissions.

#8 ·
You're not going to get the same speed as a torque converter automatic if thats what you're expecting.

However mine changed at the same speed as a normal manual, its smooth as butter and not slow at all. Do you have the latest software for your iShift box as this speeds up changes remarkably

#18 ·
For the past two weeks now.. I've been unable to fix the following errors on my Honda Civic Type S 2006.

Here is the code detected by the HDS:

1. P19FC - Shift change actuator position learning NOT completed.

2. P0780 - Transmission shift change system malfunction. (this error pop up during the static learning process)

The car start normally, but if I shift to drive it jerk and return from A to N on the dashboard while the gear lever still on Drive.

I used Mobil Dot 4 fluid.

A friend from USA advised me to sell the car, that it's a "problematic mess".

I'm confiding in any expert in the house to please help my poor boy out. I'm exhausted [emoji24][emoji24].

I would appreciate your quick and positive reply.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.